|Date Posted:||Oct 31, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
The Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission was established under the Bonn Agreement, Article 50 of the Constitution, and in accordance with Decree No. 257 dated 23-3-1381 of the Provisional Administration of Afghanistan, to lead the administrative reform, policy plans and oversee their implementation.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”. The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
Procurement consultant is responsible for providing daily support to ensure all the TAGHIR procurement are in compliance with World Bank guidelines and procurement regulations of the government of Afghanistan, as well as to provide capacity building and coaching to IARCSC procurement staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assistance with the preparation of procurement plans/schedule, for each financial year, to be updated on a quarterly basis, and to be agreed with the World Bank.
- Assist the TAGHIR director and work closely with IARCSC procurement department to support in overall planning and managing of the TAGHIR procurement activities.
- Support the development and implementation of an improved organizational structure for the IARCSC procurement function.
- Identify weaknesses/lapses throughout the IARCSC procurement department; and propose recommendations for their remediation.
- Strictly ensure that all the TAGHIR procurements are in accordance with the World Bank guidelines and procurement regulations of the government of Afghanistan including GPNs, SPNs, Bidding Documents, Evaluation Reports and Contracts.
- Providing technical and professional advice to IARCAC procurement evaluation committee, normally assigned by IARCAC Chairman, on evaluation of bids and developing Bid Evaluation Report (BER), prevailing procurement guidelines and regulations for the purpose of selection of the lowest, responsive qualified and capable bidder;
- Build the capacity of the IARCAC procurement staff and provide regular on-the-job training for procurement staff with providing necessary feedback and advice on case to case basis throughout contract period of the consultant;
- Develop various training materials and provide guidance and support to procurement staff of IARCAC with a view to enhance their procurement skills and knowledge.
- Providing professional and suitable advice to IARCSC procurement team in resolving post contract issues, wherever required, like contract monitoring, contract amendments, advance payments;
- Arranging the audit reviews of donors and providing justifications if there is any comment;
- On all TAGHIR procurement matters act as direct focal point between TAGHIR staff and IARCSC procurement team;
- Provide constant advice and feedback to TAGHIR director and Administrative Reform Secretariat of IARCAC for any improvement in the procurement procedures/processes.
Shall report to TAGHIR director and work closely with Administrative Reform Secretariat.
SWOT Analysis of the procurement department of AIRCSC, and develop a comprehensive procurement manual and Standard operating procedures that covers all areas of procurement particularly the TAGHIR project procurement requirements in compliance with applicable Wold Bank procurement standards.
Conduct training need assessment and design, develop, plan and implement capacity building programs as per the needs of IARCSC procurement staff to ensure effective capacity development is applied.
Ensure that annual procurement plan of TAGHIR project is prepared, approved and uploaded in the STEP system of the World Bank and Bid Evaluation reports (BER) are developed on-time.
Develop a proper soft and hard filing system in order to digitalize all the current files of the procurement section and ensure to have a database to manage all the soft and hard filing system.
Ensure all Technical Evaluation Report are developed and shared through online system of the world bank.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualification, Experience and Key Competencies;
- Having a Master’s Degree with (5) years of relevant experience in the field of Procurement, Management, Public Administration, Economics, MBA, Project Management or any other related field to public procurement with government, World Bank funded projects and NGOs or international donor funded projects
- Bachelor degree in the above-mentioned field with at least 7 years relevant working experience; priority will be given to higher degree in relevant field
- Command over official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English language.
- Professional Certificate in procurement and supply chain management is an asset.
- Must have strong experience in computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), internet and email skills.
- Ability to exercise a significant degree of initiative and to work effectively with stakeholder organizations.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals and teams in completing tasks that are urgent, high priority and sensitive, and ability to deliver high quality work on tight timelines.
- Must have the ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Must have the willingness and enthusiasm for working in an environment with many different stakeholders, with varying interests.