|Date Posted:||May 6, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 14, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About National Procurement Authority:
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement. Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
The incumbent will be working with Procurement Policy Directorate.
Provinces to travel:
Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking in English Language Requirement. Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).
Must have strong experience in computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), internet and email skills.
Provide necessary support to the Project Director and Project staff with complete administrative services. Ability to set Priorities. -
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To facilitate the procurement goods, works or services of all provincial directorates in accordance with procurement law, rules of procedures and agreed procurement procedures.
2. Facilitate preparation of Procurement Plan by all provincial procurement directorates and assess their procurement needs.
3. Assist Governor Office and all provincial directorates in uploading all procurement and monitoring plans, award of contracts and publication of bidding opportunities in PMIS.
4. Monitor procurement proceedings of all provincial directorates to ascertain efficiency and compliance with law and instructions from NPA
5. Provide procurement advice to the Procurement Committees, Governors and all provincial directorates.
6. Oversee & monitor the submissions of reports & data related to procurement by the provincial offices to governor office and NPA.
7. Review of procurement records, files and report summary of findings to the Governor Office and NPA through relevant directorates.
8. Facilitate the usage of Standard Bidding Documents (SBDs), Forms and templates in provincial directorates.
9. Participate in the Bid Opening meetings and provide advice/facilities to procurement committees. 10. Review the evaluation reports and instruct evaluation committee on evaluation method as/when required.
11. Conduct regular and on job trainings to procurement staff of relevant provinces in order to enhance their capacity and keep them abreast with latest changes in Procurement Law, Rules of Procedures and other legislative documents as issued by PPU.
12. Report on Capacity Building efforts for procurement in the provinces and track progress on it.
13. Provide reports or data to NPA as required by including noncompliance of law.
14. Discharging any other duties or functions assigned by respective Governor Office and/ or NPA
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public policy, economy, management, or any other related fields.
Must have 5 years of relevant experience with government, NGOs or international donors funded projects.