|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Procurement Director and indirect Supervision of PSU Director, Procurement Expert is responsible for the functions related to the Procurement operations of the developmental projects of MoMP, Including procurement systems and manages project procurement through Implementing all policies and procedures related to procurement activities and National Procurement Law, undertake the project procurement activities, such as reviewing technical specifications for goods and works; researching market for procurement bid lists; reviewing Terms of Reference for consultant services; preparation of bidding documents; writing evaluation reports; training of bid evaluation committees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Provide advice and ensure that all the procurement activities of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum are in compliant with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan laws and Procurement Rules and Procedures and also World Bank and other Donor Procurement Guidelines, as applicable
3. Helping and providing feedback on procurement procedure to achieve transparency and accountability.
4. Provide support in preparing Bidding Documents for the procurement of works, goods and services in accordance with activities defined in the Procurement Plan for the program.
5. Provide support in preparing Contracts for approval by the National Procurement Authority and the Competent Authority.
6. Provide support in framing public procurement policies, implement procedures for strengthening public procurement system, bringing in transparency in public procurement and establishing e-procurement system.
7. Closely work with the Procurement Directorate to train and develop capacity in all aspects of procurement.
8. He/She will prepare and review not only the procurement documents, but also support/review the preparation of the technical specifications, BOQs, TORs, etc. of the bidding documents/RFPs and ensure the consistency of these sections with the other sections of the bidding documents/RFPs and make necessary recommendations for changes/or make the changes where required.
9. Maintain a proper and well function contract management system for all the contract signed by the project, and regularly inform relevant Stakeholders for the end contract date, and taking relatively on time actions for contract amendment and document preparation.
10. Monitor and report the procurement plan progress/status as required.
11. Any other tasks assigned by the direct manager according to law and regulations.
The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
University degree in Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration Economy or related subject; Master’s preferable.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
organizational and planning skills
information gathering and monitoring skills
problem analysis and problem solving skills
judgment and decision-making ability
attention to detail and accuracy