|Date Posted:||May 25, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for overall Procurement activities of the Afghanistan Rural Enterprise Development program (AREDP). S/he will liaise with the respective program partners and provide timely and accurate information on AREDP to the relevant stakeholders, such as MRRD the Government of Afghanistan, the World Bank, DFID. He/She will be responsible for leading the Procurement department and working under the overall supervision of the AREDP Head of Program Support Services Office and in close collaboration with the senior AREDP management team.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities for the position of Procurement Manager are:
- Overall planning and management of all the procurement activities related to the AREDP project, at the Project Office in Kabul, at the regional level, and at the provincial level
- Preparation of procurement plans, periodic updating of the procurement plans
- Preparation and review of bid documents and proposals
- Monitoring the bidding process and the bid opening, and associated documentation
- Coordinating the technical evaluation and the bid evaluation process and reports
- Preparation and review of contracts and purchase orders
- Progress monitoring of all procurement cases and follow up on the procurement contracts till completion
- Coordinate the clearances/approvals from the donors, the MRRD, and the Ministry of Finance
- Keeping accurate accounts of all procurement processes and ensuring that all procurement is done using World Bank procedures and guidelines as agreed upon by the Government, and compliance with the Government of Afghanistan procurement law
- Ensuring that complete documentation is maintained on the procurement cases
- Coordinate the audit and the post procurement review processes of the government and the donors
- Handle communications relating to procurement within the project and with the MRRD, and MoF
- Supervise the customs clearance process and related documentation for import of goods
- Monitor and supervise the work of the procurement personnel
- Monitor and supervise the personnel Asset and Logistics Management department
- Monitoring control and distribution of the procured materials, placement of materials in stock and their inventory
- Preparation of financial forecasts for purposes of the annual budget of the government
- Assessment of the training needs of the procurement personnel and the performance appraisal
Reports to Head of Programme Support Services and the senior management team.
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.
â€¢ Bachelorâ€™s degree, qualifications in Business Administration desirable
â€¢ Minimum of five years of experience in Procurement, of which at least one year as a Procurement Manager in a World Bank funded project
â€¢ Attended training programs in World Bank procurement processes and methods
â€¢ Good communication skills and ability to present well
â€¢ Good analytical and writing skills including report-writing skills.
â€¢ Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with stakeholders.
â€¢ Ability to train staff
â€¢ Fluency in English. Native fluency in both Dari and Pashtu languages highly desirable;
â€¢ Computer skills - MS Office â€“ Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Web, internet and e-mail skills required.