|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Procurement|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Aziz Group:
RACC was established in 2001with the aim of re-building a new Afghanistan public establishment & institutions which provides a comfortable & secure home for the afghans. Our vast project includes re-building school, public work & highways, water & electricity supply in the rural areas & we specialize in building military camps & barriers.
Our projects managers are fully experienced in all the technical and legal aspects of the business but are able to use a large measure of individual judgment when planning, organizing and implementing project. Like everyone on our team, they love their work and really relish a challenge. in complex and fast-moving areas like retail, speed accuracy and quality are of the essence.
We can work on multiple projects at the same time, either on a design & build a conventional basis by genuine team-work- our staff members are directly employed and a crucial part of every project we are involved in. Our skilled workers, experienced design and site engineers who have worked on some of the largest construction projects in Afghanistan. We are user-friendly with a proactive response to our client’s needs. We help them secure new work and repeat-order business, as this obviously benefits everyone in the long term.
The Procurement Manager works under overall guidance of the Operations Management and receive guidance from Operations Management. The Procurement Manager will be mainly responsible of ensuring transparency and compliance to applicable rules of procurements. The role of the Procurement Manager is to provide technical services to procurement process of goods, works and consultancy procurement on timely manner, and ensure procurement plan is implemented on timely manner.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Familiarity with Private Sector, WB, UN or GoA procurement procedures;
· Working knowledge of MS Office packages (MS Project especially), with advanced Excel skills;
· Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashtu, both written and verbal;
· Be able and willing to travel to provinces within Afghanistan;
· Ability to pay attention to details and patience;
· Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions;
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for procurement planning and tendering process for goods, services, consultancies and works for the company including fields and Head Office;
- Provide effective procurement services and advice to technical departments and Senior Management;
- Training and Sharing Knowledge to staffs whether as class training and on the job
II. Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
- Develop and improve RACC procurement policies and ensure it is communicated, trained and implemented by procurement team and relevant departments;
- Support the development of operational and administrative procurement plans;
- Full compliance of procurement activities with RACC rules, regulations, policies and guidelines;
- Develop Procurement Contracts considering standard terms and conditions to safeguard the RACC interests and apply best possible practices.
- Timely preparation of bidding document and evaluation report(s) for sub-projects; Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFPs, Direct Contracting and, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with the RACC rules and regulations;
- Implementation of effective internal control, and ensuring functionality of procurement management system;
- Carry out technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement including taxation and etc.
- Provide guidance to procurement staff and assist them to conduct bidding process under established RACC Afghanistan agreements;
- Coordinate to ensure all administrative procurement requirements are met;
- Act as a point of reference for procurement of issues, and as a focal point to communicate technical relevant issues;
- Implementation of contract strategy in the section including bidding processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, legal considerations and risk assessment;
- To liaise with the Finance Department for on time payments against various contracts, vouchers.
- To maintain suppliers and vendors updated contact list and to review their performance.
- To make sure that all procurement is done in a transparent competition and honest way with the help of quotation process and market investigations.
- Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Building of staff within the team and department
- Any other task assigned by Supervisor/Management.
a) Training and Sharing Knowledge
- Liaise with Project Manager in the development of annual procurement training programs;
- Coordinate with the Project Manager/ Capacity Building Officer in the development of procurement training materials and conduct regular procurement training sessions on relevant selection process and procurement management issues;
- Support and contribute to capacity building in the regional offices through conducting workshops to address specific issues as guided by the Management;
b) Monitoring Compliance, and Reporting
- Assist the Technical Department with the development and implementation of any plan to correct identified non-compliance issues;
- Prepare and submit variety of procurement reports to the Technical Department head;
- Assist in the preparation and perform initial quality assurance check of any compliance/monitoring reports, data requested by the project as well as the RACC;
3. Key Performance Indicators/ Controls:
· Ensure transparent, standard and corruption free tendering processes
· Training of procurement and operation staffs on Procurement Management
4. Final Product
- All procurement process for RACC Afghanistan sub-projects are successfully implemented based on approved Procurement Plan;
- The Standard Operating Procedure document is formulated and developed for Procurement Unit;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor in Business Administration or supply chain management with certification in Procurement
· Master degree or professional certification at the field is an asset.
b) Work Experience
- At least 8 years’ experience as a Procurement Manager or equivalent positions;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a large scale developing and infrastructure programs;
· Previous experience with ADB, INGOs, Construction Companies, UN, WB Agencies or an international organization is essential;
Qualified candidates are encouraging to send their Application & Resume in one single file named as their own name to the below mentioned email as soon as possible and/or before 30-May-2019.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as soon received!
Please include the name of position in the subject line as (RACC-001 Procurement Manager).
No other documents are needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview.
Applications receive after the closing date will not be considered.