|Date Posted:||Mar 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
The incumbent of the position will have the overall responsibility for the administration of all daily activities of the procurement department. Demonstrates integrity and ethics in all business transactions. Provides necessary instructions, guidance and assistance to procurement personnel at all business unit operating facilities. Responsible for support and participation in AWCC’s procurement agreements and/or associated programs. Conducts negotiations with supply sources and works with all operating facilities in development of local contracts for procurement requirements.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Strong Negotiation Skills
2. Demonstrated telecom market knowledge
3. Previous supervisory experience
4. Developed sense of urgency.
5. Solid Inter-personnel Skills
6. Ability to function in a matrix environment
7. Solid team building skills
8. Analytical Thinker
9. Computer Proficiency - Including Word/Excel/PowerPoint
10. Strong Leadership Abilities
11. Ability to interact with all levels of personnel in internal and external organizations
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Review procurement policies, strategies and mechanisms critically to amend, alter and reform the procurement process within the company.
2. Assist in the formulation of company’s procurement procedures and objectives and implement material planning functions to optimize lowest inventory levels.
3. Manage and organize the purchasing requests from all departments for goods, works and services.
4. Negotiate with domestic and international suppliers of goods, works and services to acquire the highest quality outputs with efficient means.
5. Develop and maintain supplier relationships to ensure supply stability.
6. Develop and maintain close relationships with different organizations and governmental agencies at national and sub-national level for custom clearance, shipment of goods, freight management and delivery.
7. Keep senior management informed regarding market conditions, lead times and shifts in pricing for materials and services.
8. Help improve profitability through cost reductions, cost avoidance and timely receipt of materials.
9. Promote, maintain, and support professionalism and honesty within procurement department in carrying out all its functions and operations.
10. Identify, evaluate and recommend high quality, low cost sources of supply.
11. Increase intellectual capital through design and implementation of individual professional development programs aimed at elevating Procurement employees’ techniques and managerial skills.
12. Maintain awareness of world marketplace through personal contacts, trade media and monitoring of world economic conditions.
13. Leverage technology solutions to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the strategic sourcing process.
14. Any other tasks assigned by his/her direct supervisor.
Notice of Revision: The terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Procurement or any other related fields.
2. Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the relevant field Strong Communication Skills both in writing and verbal in English and Dari or Pashto.