|Date Posted:||May 18, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Value Chain (AVC)-Livestock Project will work with various anchor firms throughout the livestock sector to improve value chains to increase productivity in key livestock value chains, improve the commercial viability of agribusiness, and strengthen public private agriculture service delivery. AVC – Livestock will seek to engage women and youth owned business in these livestock value chains. The Project will contribute positive and measurable impacts on the livestock sector as a whole and will ensure that local market actors are involved at every stage of the value chain. Ensure all field procurements are done in timely manners which includes timely delivery of the supplies, stationery, lubricants, and other required supplies and commodities at both Kabul and regional offices.
The Field Procurement Manager will support the Procurement Department with supervising AVC Livestock’s field procurement staff and manage the field-based procurements. He or she is responsible for the timely execution of procurements, as well as ensuring compliance with the procedures outlined in the Field Operations Manual. Ensures project obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Responsible for management of all operational procurements including management of the BPAs for supplies and commodities, issuance of the release orders and making timely payments to the vendors. Plays an integral role in ensuring a project sticks to budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists Procurement department in the procurement of services in compliance with DAI and USAID rules and procedures.
• Monitors stock levels and identifying purchasing needs
• Conducts market research to identify pricing trends
• Be able to do basic math, analyze information and make decisions on timely delivery of the supplies and commodities to Kabul and regional offices.
• Evaluates offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
• Prepares cost analyses
• Conduct comprehensive market research and source more qualified vendors on the market using governing procurement policies.
• To use his/her expertise and negotiation skills in making award decisions and meet with vendors, work out contract terms, drafting scope of work for the BPAs and POs being awarded for procurement of operational commodities and services.
• Maintains strong working relationships with vendors
• Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
• Tracks release orders and ensuring timely delivery
• Handles vendor accounts and tracks inventory of purchases.
• Assists in database entry for procurement tracking and reporting.
• Maintains electronic and hardcopy files.
• Maintains updated records of invoices and receipts and ensure timely payments are made to the vendor against delivered goods and services.
• Follow up with suppliers on timely delivery of the goods and services to Kabul and regional offices and ensure the delivered goods and services are compliant to the contract’s terms and specification.
• Liaises with logistics and field staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
• Submits the procurement package to Finance and makes sure that vendors are paid on timely manner.
• Reviews purchasing agreements with vendors and maintains open lines of communications with the vendors
• Compares product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contacts vendors when there are discrepancies
• Maintains verified vendor list.
• Ensure all release orders issued to the vendors are tracked and timely payments are made to the vendors against release orders that vendor completed the delivery
• Train the field procurement staff on the procurement policies and practices ensure they are routinely updated on the policies.
• Coordinate and liaise Kabul and regional offices events with relevant counterparts to ensure all required facilitations are make prior to the event dates.
• Maintain and keep up to date trackers for all the operations related BPAs and ensure timely extension or recompletion are scheduled to avoid inconsistencies
• Responsible for timely delivery of the fuel to the regional offices and track the fuel consumptions in each region and ensure the updated consumption reports are on file before placing new orders.
• Ensure transportation services are ordered under the BPAs on as needed bases to support project activities both in Kabul and regional offices.
• Keep track record of all BPAs, Release Orders, POs and Direct awards and ensure routine follow up is made with relevant counterparts to pay the vendors on time and close / extend the POs, ROs when required.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience in procurement, logistics, or related area;
• Prior experience in USAID project procurement and/or DAI procurement systems a plus.