|Date Posted:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 11, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The ASDPII project is looking for recruiting a procurement officer on competitive basis in order to continue with service as stated in below duties and responsibilities and support the project in term of procurement activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all contract affairs are in compliance with MOE & Donor requirements;
2. Assessing convention and procedural eligibility of contract and proposals issued by DMTVET;
3. Maintain procurement documentation and record;
4. Maintain records of contract processed and manage day to day update and monitor the ongoing contracts;
5. Maintain and follow-up a contract monitoring system;
6. Ensure and adhere to standards of World Bank procurement policy;
7. Ensure that a system is in place to write the contracts between all responsible agencies.
8. Provide technical guidance to the DMTVET ordinary budget staff and training for meeting procedures & standards.
9. Draft procurement notices and arrange for the requested publications in local press and electronic portals;
10. Prepare bidding documents for goods, works and consultancies and request for proposal of services in accordance with the standard documents used by world Bank;
11. Issue the bidding documents to short listed firms or (services) pre-qualified contractors or to firms that have registered interest in bidding for specific goods/ services;
12. Provide technical guidance & participate in evaluation of bids & quotation;
13. Perform reasonable related tasks as may be assigned by Senior Procurement Specialist;
14. Coordinate activities with relevant parties and stakeholders;
15. Any other task may assigned by the Procurement Specialist;
1. At least bachelor degree in business administration, economic or other relevant areas, a master degree would be an advantage;
2. Minimum of consecutive 4 years’ relevant experience in procurement management in the capacity of the procurement officer with well reputed organizations and or with government of Afghanistan.
3. Experience with World Bank Procurement will be strongly preferred;
4. Additional commercial training in Procurement preferable;
5. Proven ability to drive change throughout an organization;
8. Have a demonstrated focus on impact and results;
9. Fluency in English is must, Dari and Pashto is an advantage.
10. Excellent reporting, interpersonal and team working skills;
11. Computer skills - MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel necessary, experience/knowledge of any other accounting and database packages an asset;
Reporting and Counterparts;
The Procurement Officer will work under direct supervision of procurement management specialist and will extend support and assistance to the DMTVET and Project Director on timely manner.
The duty station of this position will be Procurement Directorate of MOE, Kabul, Afghanistan and the officer has to present in DMTVET anytime required by DMTVET or ASDPII Director
1. Proven ability to drive change throughout an organization;
2. Have a demonstrated focus on impact and results;
3. Fluency in English is must, Dari and Pashto is an advantage.
4. Excellent reporting, interpersonal and team working skills;
5. Computer skills - MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel necessary, experience/knowledge of any other accounting and database packages an asset;