|Date Posted:||Jul 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for cost-effective, quality controlled procurement of goods and services to support the ADALAT project. The Procurement Officer will assist the Finance and Operations Manager in the development and management of a program procurement system to ensure best practices of supply of goods and services.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the procurement of goods and services for ADALAT office and guesthouse.
· Ensure accountability, transparency, and internal control procedures in the procurement process in relation to Checchi-ADALAT procurement policies and procedures as well as donor’s rules and regulations.
· Collect and review invoices and prepare all support documents for payment to the finance department.
· Keep the procurement filing system up to date and provide reports when needed.
· Responsible for obtaining competitive bids/quotations for all major and bulk purchases and produce price analysis summary sheet for the approval of the officer in charge.
· Responsible for ensuring that all newly procured equipment and furniture are turned over to assets/inventory representative, for labeling/tagging, and getting his/her signature on the respective invoices, before delivering the newly purchased equipment/furniture to the requesting individual or department.
· Responsible to obtain recipient signature after delivering the items to him/her.
· Maintain petty cash for procurement, prepare expenditure summary against invoices and submit it to the finance department for replenishment after reviewed by the Finance and Operations Manager
· Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Invoices and all supporting documents are copied and filed accordingly before submitting the documents to the finance department for clearance and replenishment.
· Maintain proper filing system for all procurement documents and make sure that all paper work is done in accordance with Checchi procurement policies and procedures.
· Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time by Finance and Operations Manager.
. Travel to provinces when required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field is required.
· Five years of relevant experience (procurement) is required.
· Three years of procurement experience with USAID or other international NGOs or organizations is highly preferred.
· Good knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations
· Good understanding of internal controls relevant to procurement, procurement policies, processes, and procedures.
· Have good experience of working with contracts and understanding the requirements financially, technically, and legally.
· Have very good writing skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines.
· Have Good computer skills and proficiency in standard computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel etc.
· Fluency in Dari, Pashtu and English.