|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Land Authority:
ARAZI is seeking for a qualified national Procurement Officer who can work with senior management to develop and manage
strategic sourcing plans to drive quality goods and services and leverage buying power to achieve cost efficiencies, establish a
compliance process for purchasing decisions. Plan and execute high/special procurement, routine procurement, develop and update procurement policies, procedures and tools.
The incumbent will report to the Finance Manger on regular and on ad hoc basis. He/she should have full knowledge
Afghanistanâ€™s Procurement Law, bidding process, and contract management. Th e incumbent will splendidly perform the
following tasks and duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Strategies, Polices and Procedures
2. High/Special Procurement
3. General Routine Purchase
Strategies, Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and updates written purchasing policies and procedures for ARAZI.
- Explains and interprets policies and procedures to supervisors and others needing to requisition materials, service and supplies, enforce compliances with Board adopted purchasing policies.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive purchasing program; conducts major studies and analyses of complex
operations, and recommends and implements systemic improvements; advises the department head on matters
pertaining to the purchasing program.
- To have up to date knowledge of government procurement legislation.
- Stay abreast of new processes, technologies, materials, purchasing methods, statutory requirements and market
conditions. Communicate with management on any significant factors that could affect ARAZI business, material cost,
utility cost, or the financial impact to the ARAZI.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget request for ARAZI; estimates staffing and capital equipment needs based
upon recent trends and planned activities; estimates budgetary needs for some provincial offices, such as office
supplies and postage; monitors expenditures after budget adoption; carry requisitions for purchase of materials or
- To ensure that tendering, purchase and contract documentation is compliant with all current legislation, ARAZIâ€™s
policies and procedure
-Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews purchasing including technical and specialized procurement of supplies, equipment and services.
- Prepares internal specifications and serves in an advisory capacity to assist departments in obtaining specifications,
quotations, delivery terms and costs and recommends substitute materials where economies can be realized or
- Assumes responsibility and oversight of large and complex purchases involving use of Requests for Proposals. Assists
departments with specification development, drafts RFP, RFQ, serves on evaluation committee.
- Interviews vendor representatives and maintains vendor contacts and bidders list; solicits bids and quotes; conducts bid openings, evaluation, prepares bid summaries, and recommends award of bid.
- To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practices with due
regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
- To participate in negotiation of contract terms and to monitor performance against these contracts
- To coordinate purchasing practices and to maximize saving and benefits available to ARAZI from purchasing activities.
Signs purchase orders after insuring funds availability and that all purchases comply with ARAZIâ€™S policies and
procedures, specifications, governmental regulations, and accepted trade practic es; suggest amendments to bids
and purchase orders; resolves billing discrepancies and vendor disputes.
- Carry out all duties having due regard for the health and safety of yourself and others, in accordance
with ARAZIâ€™s policies and regulations.
- Ensure quality standards are met through administration of purchasing complaints and resolutions provided by the
- Represents ARAZI at various meetings with, vendors, external agencies, professional organizations, and other groups.
-To produce reports to Finance Manager, Operation Director or his/her assignee on a range of procurement related
activities, documenting processes, procedures and decisions, making recommendations as appropriate.
General Routing Purchase:
- Ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works.
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Schedule store visits and conduct competitor survey.
- Assist in managing and following up overseas orders.
- Handling and monitoring of claims to factories and vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Negotiate for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and subcontractors assigned.
- Purchase and issue order in accordance to specification.
- plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
Source for new parts, suppliers or sub-contractors when the need arises.
- Assists with the acquisition and/or disposition of equipments by obtaining property appraisals; auctions of surplus
- personal property and coordinates disposal of hazardous materials.
- Performs other related work as required
- The list above is not exhaustive and can evolve in the course of the employment contract
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with and egree in Business administration, commerce, Accounting,
contract administration, public administration, business management or a closely related field is strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of full time purchasing experience in Governmental institution or any well reputed national and
- Comprehensive knowledge of government procurement law, Procurement Code, Comprehensive knowledge of
licensing requirements, insurance.
- Extensive knowledge of contract law and its application to the purchasing process
- Well equipped with a good written and spoken English using technical terminology, and efficient in both national
-Languages Dari and Pashto
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and software packages, including specific knowledge of MS Word,
MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, electronic document management
- Extensive judgment and originality to plan procurement strategies for large scale acquisition programs or systems.
- Ability to interact effectively with entities outside the Arazi
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20kg.
- Develop good working relationships with vendors and others contacted in the course of the work using tact and
- Excellent skills in project management, communication, complex report writ ing with the ability to think creatively and innovatively in a business environment
- Resource allocation
- Financial management
- Performance monitoring
- Achievement of outputs