|Date Posted:||Jan 12, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 19, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement ,Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
Carry out procurement tasks in support of Federation operations in the Humanitarian Crises Operations in Afghanistan
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to International Federation standard procurement practices, keeping records keeping in accordance with audit trail standards.
- Assist Senior Procurement Officer in obtaining a minimum of three quotations per purchase, preparing the resulting Comparative Bid Analysis and recommendations to purchase, and the systematic documentation of all relevant information in Purchase Committee minutes where appropriate.
- Assist Senior Procurement Officer in compiling all necessary documentation to prepare and submit appropriate supporting documents to the Finance Department at the Kabul Office in Afghanistan.
- Execute, following appropriate authorization, the purchase and delivery of supplies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Liaise and coordinate in a timely manner with the relevant departments, units, and services regarding the delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes.
- Support Senior procurement officer to identify and maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items and keep informed of local market conditions.
- Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with suppliers and inspection companies.
- Ensure, through extensive travel and market investigation, that all purchased goods meet International Federation standards, are fit for their intended purpose, and have, where required, appropriate inspection certificates.
- Liaise with international, governmental, and non-governmental organizations and collaborate where appropriate
- Produce regular, timely, and accurate narratives and financial reports for the International Federation and donors.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Relevant formal education least a bachelor’s degree
- Assist and support national staff on planned and ad hoc procurements
- Working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country
- Procurement or purchasing, at least one year of experience
- Working in general logistics
- Experience working within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Preferred)
- Working in management or administration (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skill and Language;
- Proficient in computer literacy (use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Teams)
- Proven good judgment, strong decision-making skills, and the ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Strong analytical thinking skills and the ability to evaluate and assess options for the procurement planning
- Knowledge of procedures and international standards for the purchase of goods and services
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual and multidisciplinary environment (Preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficient in collaborative and cooperative approaches in teamwork.
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of Dari and/or Pashto
- Knowledge of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) (Preferred)
Competencies and Values;
- Core Competencies: Communications, Collaboration & Teamwork, Judgement & Decision, National Society & Customer Relations, Creativity & Innovation, Building Trust.
- Functional Competencies: Strategic Orientation, Building Alliances, Leadership, Empowering Others
- Values: Respect for Diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability