|Date Posted:||May 29, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Grade (E) according to NTA Salary Scale,
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for all procurement and operational related issue of the ICU including procedures, and processing, not limited to only one donor agency.
2) Develop, update and implement approved procurement plan of ICU
3) Follow-up on post procurement review comments and coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
4) Conduct all purchases in compliance with the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and Donor Procurement laws and ensure proper documentation and processing.
5) Coordinate procurement activities with all relevant departments within the MoPH and other relevant agencies and provide regular feed-back to the ICU and donor agencies as needed.
6) Communicate with donor agencies and get no objection letter/memo for procurement of Good, Services and or Construction.
7) Prepare and keep proper filing system of procurement process; take minutes of Bid Opening and contract negotiation sessions.
8) Participate at internal and external procurement meetings and workshops.
9) Work in close coordination with the ICU technical, administration and finance teams and promote the team work aspiration.
10) Any other related duty assigns by the ICU Manager.
1) BBA or any degree from a recognize university; Master Degree in Business Administration is preferred.
2) At least 3 three of working experience in the field of procurement with NGOs, Afghan Gov. or UN agencies.
3) Be familiar with government procurement Law and Procedures.
4) Demonstrated and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5) Ability to plan, implement and organize complex activities related to procurement.
6) Ability to manage complex activities simultaneously and within set deadlines
7) Excellent written, spoken and reading skills of Dari, Pashtu and English languages required.
Be familiar with government procurement Law and Procedures