|Date Posted:||Jun 13, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 25, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Vacancy NO: 7
Duty Station: Procurement General Directorate Ministry of Interior
Relevant Department: General Directorate of Procurement
Reporting to: Direct supervisor and SME Program Office
This position is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Ministry of Interior (MoI), Procurement Directorate, in Kabul. The position title is Procurement SME.
To lead and support processes and provide professional procurement and business advice on requirements work statement development, procurement processing, orders, price quotations, prices estimation, tracking, data analysis, contract administration, inspection, receipt, invoicing, payment and standardization of goods, equipment, materials, services, and works to be procured within the Ministry/Agency in order to support the effective, efficient and economical implementation of procurement functions and programs; (the specialization may vary from goods, or equipment or materials or services or works, or all or some of these, and may focus on international or national procurement or both).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The arrangement of the monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan for achieving the objectives of the office.
2. Assuring and conducting procurement law rules, policy, circulars, advice release by NPA policy Directorate and direction on a daily basis.
3. Collaboration with provincial procurement officers and center as needed.
4. Performing in accordance with the procurement law and policy and control of its updated renewable plans to the national procurement office and other relevant department.
5. Provide communication with budget units on the documents of development projects contracts to better Co-ordinate relevant issues.
6. Management and supervision during the proper stages of the procurement process in accordance with the procurement law, regulation, procedures and other standard procurement departments.
7. Management and arrangement of bidding documents, pre-bid quotation requests procurement announcement. Requests for proposals and other standard procurement documents of the proper stages of the relevant procurement processes.
8. Arrange the proposal for the sitting up of Bid opening committee, evaluation committee, retail purchase and other delegations necessary.
9. Manage and propose the fixing of the criteria and conditions of the qualifications of the qualifications and qualifications of the vendors in the standard documents of procurement.
10. Active participation and management of Bid opening process and ensuring its accuracy.
11. Provide procurement advices in accordance with the law and procurement procedures to the authorized chief executives and other staff of the standard of procurement.
12. During the process of documentation, awarding the contract to the winner bidder and providing facilities in the process of awarding the contract.
13. Compliance with the code of conduct of transparency, accountability and conflict of interest in procurement process in accordance with the Procurement law and rules of procedures, informing the line manager in case on direct and indirect conflict of interest.
14. Set up documentation and procurement information and documentation in relevant files.
15. Submit the report of the SMEs performance to the relevant office.
16. Carrying out other duties assigned by the document in the procurement and contracting section in accordance with the la and procedures of procurement and laws of the country.
At least Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant field, Master degree is preferred.
At least 3 years of experience in procurement field, preferably working with donor agencies for Afghan governmental agencies.
Fluency in English, Dari/Pashto , written as well as spoken ability
Required computer skills ( MS. Windows and MS. Office program)
Comprehensive knowledge and familiarity with Procurement affairs and procedures of GoIRA