|Date Posted:||Mar 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Agro-Water and Climate Resilience Project, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock:
The World Bank is assisting the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to prepare the Agro-Water Climate Resilience Project (AWCR). The Project objective is to improve land and water productivity and strengthen climate resilience in agricultural systems in selected watersheds and irrigated areas of Afghanistan. The Project includes four components: (A) Support to Irrigated Agriculture; (B) Support to Dryland Farming and Watershed Management; (C) Supporting Access to Market; and (D) Project Management. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW); the National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA); and Afghanistan Metrology Department (AMD) will be key implementing partners. The Project design is based on experience and knowledge acquired from several on-going or recently closed projects, including: On-Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP), National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP), Afghanistan Agricultural Improvement Project (AAIP), all three implemented by MAIL, and Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project (IRDP) implemented by MEW, among others. With regard to irrigation rehabilitation, OFWMP and IRDP are the two relevant projects to learn from. They show good results in terms of implementation performance – with large number of schemes with improved irrigation as a result of project intervention – and seem to have a significant impact on water productivity. These results still need to be further strengthened and sustained. AWCRP intends to bring an additional focus on resilience of irrigation schemes through (1) collective action process: enhanced dialogue between MAIL and beneficiary communities resulting in shared commitments, with a view to improve the quality and viability of the irrigation service; and (2) improved water management: better linkages between water resources analysis, irrigation management and agricultural production, with a view to make best use of available water and increase its productivity, including through conjunctive use of surface and groundwater. Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is looking for an International Water Management Specialist to perform the activities below.
The objective of this assignment is to contribute to the preparation of the Agro-Water Climate Resilience Project in relation to all hydrological, hydraulic and water management aspects.
Requires travel to provinces:
Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills;
Fluent in Dari and Pashtu languages;
Good English communication skills in forms of writing and speaking;
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specifically, you will undertake the following tasks:
· A Procurement Arrangement
· Developing PPSD
· To develop Procurement Manual
· Preparing Procurement Process flow for Goods, Works, Non-Consulting Services and Consulting Services.
· Preparing Procurement Plan, and make regular updates of Procurement Plan
· To develop supplier management program that through the adoption of best practice tools and techniques strives towards delivering world class standards
· B. Contract Management:
· Giving support to MAIL Procurement Directorate
· To develop the contract management manual.
· To develop the contract management database for all contracts (Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consultancy).
· C. Procurement Reporting
· Follow up with concerned government departments and the World Bank to obtain the approval of the procurement plan/ documents in a timely manner; and
· Follow up with concerned government departments and the World Bank to have the evaluation reports approved in a timely manner.
· D. Co-ordination and Facilitation
· In consultation with all parties concerned, establish an overall procurement plan for project implementation, integrating the various individual department work plans and ensuring the cross dependencies between them are adequately planned for, and understood by all. This should include unambiguous milestones, dates of commencement and completion, and clearly demarked responsibilities for all parties.
· Liaison and Coordination with the World Bank and its supervision missions regarding procurement issues.
· Any other Task/output not specifically mentioned above but considered necessary for the fulfilment of the program objectives of the AWCRP.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Bachelor’s degree in economics/BBA with 8 years’ experience or Master Degree with 5 years’ experience
2. Experience in WB funded projects
3. Experience of working closely with government counterparts and providing training/capacity building;