|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About International Link:
am recruiting this position on behalf of Roots of Peace that needs a Procurement Specialist for its Asian Development Bank-funded, Rural Business Support Project (RBSP) in Afghanistan. The position would be located in the RBSP Office at the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL) in Kabul.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To work closely with the Project Management Unit and/or the MAIL Procurement officials in procuring all approved goods and services for the RBSP.
2. To maintain on schedule the procurement of goods and services that has been approved for the RBSP.
3. To assist the RBSP Financial Manager of the RBSP in streamlining the process for getting awardees of procurement contracts paid in a timely manner.
4. To insure proper distribution/or coverage of all procured goods and services.
5. To serve as the RBSP representative on all procurement issues that may arise during the course of the Project.
6. To prepare all necessary procurementâ€related documents that ADB, MAIL, MOF, or the Team Leader of the RBSP requires.
7. To prepare and submit monthly reports to the Team Leader (or his designate) on all procurement progress.
8. Ensure all appropriate ADB, MAIL and ROP regulations, guidelines and policies are followed.
*have a 4-year college degree in Business, Finance, Economics or closely related field;
*have at least two years experience working with donor projects in a capacity similar to Procurement Manager;
*be fluent in one or more of these languages: Dari, Pashtu, Urdu, or Hindi;
*have at least 2 years experience working as an ex-pat in post-conflict developing countries; have multiple country working experience;
*have at least 2 years experience working in Afghanistan, Central Asia, or the Indian sub-continent (preferred);
*have good communication and computer skills;
have experience with Asian Development Bank implementation projects (preferred).