|Date Posted:||Jun 11, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Government of Afghanistan is implementing a World Bank supported Afghanistan Financial Sector Strengthening (AFSSP) aimed at improving the financial services in Afghanistan. The project is also intended to provide support to the capacity building of the General Service (GS) Department particularly procurement section of the department. The project will support the GS department of DAB in designing policies and procedures on provision of services and procurement to the other departments of the bank. The consultant will prepare a manual and will prepare and undertake training for the staff of the GS department in implementation of the policies and procedures The department will be atomized and standardized.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specifically the consultant will-
1. Familiarize themselves with the background, current status and procedures of GS department of DAB;
2. Conduct needs assessment of GS department and prepare a detail work plan for capacity building of the department particularly in procurement;
3. Develop and conduct trainings for staff of GS department in the use of new policies and procedures;
4. Prepare, review and clearance of procurement planning for the Project to submission for approval. Assist and preparation of review and clearance of draft bidding documents, requests for proposals for all procurement prior to submission for approval. Guide and manage the complete process of bidding including but not limited to advertising, bid receipt and bid opening, etc meeting with the procurement requirement of the World Bank.
5. Participate, as a permanent member, in the Project Implementation Cell, providing guidance to other members on procurement aspects in the process of evaluation of bids or consulting proposals. Guide, review and clear all bid evaluation reports prior to submission for approval.
6. Guide the preparation of, review and clearance of all draft contracts prior to contract signing. Follow with concerned government partners and the World Bank in order to have the procurement plans, bidding documents, RFPs, Bid evaluation reports, Draft Contracts, and other procurement issues submitted to the World Bank and having approvals in a timely manner.
7. Guide and manage other activities required under procurement processes.
8. Review and clear all correspondence with bidders during procurement process.
9. Manage the procurement filing/record system in the office in a systematic and retrievable manner.
10. Prepare a manual for GS department that covers policies and procedures on procurement, transport, logistic and provision of other services to the staff of DAB;
11. Monitor and report the procurement implementation progress/status as required.
12. Perform day-to-day supervision of the performance by identified staff from participating Ministries, and provide on-the-job training and timely assistance enabling them to successfully carry out their jobs.
13. Coordinate with other units during implementation.
14. Prepare final report of the consultancy and present it to the leadership of DAB and the World Bank.
-More than 8 years of progressively responsible experience in management, procurement and provision of General services;
-Possess graduate degree or equivalent in a technical field, preferably in engineering, procurement, business or commerce;
-Have at least 10 years of experience in performing similar assignments out of which at least three years of international experience in carrying out procurement and experience in World Bank procurement including complex IT systems;
-Have good knowledge and understanding of both international and national procurement procedures, processes and practices including World Bank procurement;
-Have good knowledge and understanding of the government administrative systems as well as the governmentâ€™s clearance and approval procedures applicable to procurement;
-Have the ability to apply good judgment and interpretative skill in dealing with procurement-related issues including common technical and commercial aspects of bidding and bid documents, bid evaluation, contracts and other procurement documents;
-Have good skills and ability in effectively communicating and coordinating with client staff, consultants, government officials and the World Bank staff
-Have good management skills, ability to work under pressure;
-Have the ability to communicate in English and have basic computer and internet skills.