|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent will design product features and retailing processes, determine pricing, support distribution channels, and implement promotional activities for the assigned products. The role involves identification of new customer value propositions that can then be converted into product offerings to support growth of Agriculture and SME opportunities in Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Knowledge and skills in computer usage including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Periodic field visits are a requirement of this job.
- A deep understanding of value chain financing is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a keen aptitude and desire to learn.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and be able to multi task.
- Experience in product quantitative analysis and monitoring analysis skills/research analysis.
- Must abide by and uphold the Bank's “code of conduct” and Values-based banking charter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft product propositions, strategies and execute plans for Agriculture/SME loan portfolio expansion according to the business plan.
- Develop and update Product Approval Documents along with relevant Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Track and measure product performance and program effectiveness.
- Conduct/manage research activities, including demand surveys, customer satisfaction surveys, and exit surveys.
- Assess the impact of loans particularly on rural clients' Quality of Life by overseeing Quality of Life surveys/interviews/Focus Group Discussions.
- Write proposals for acquiring donor funds and grants aiming to fill possible funding gaps.
- Develop marketing collateral for Rural and SME offerings in both Dari and English.
- Prepare training materials and carry out training sessions for both branch staff on new/modified products.
- Represent the bank at national/international forums and make presentations related to the assigned portfolio.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- At least Bachelor Degree in Business, Banking, Finance or related discipline.
- At least 5 years' product management experience in the financial services industry.