|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The job description of the professional interpreter/executive is to convert documents as well as oral speeches’ drafts from Pashto and Dari to English and from English to either Dari or Pashto languages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Responsible to translate official letters, proposals, speeches, and documents from English language to local (Pashto or Dari) languages.
2. Draft speeches of the authorities of National Security Council (NSC) in either in Pashto or Dari language and translate it into the second language as required.
3. Compile information such as technical terms and terminology used in legal and social settings and translations particularly for the drafts that are published through advertisement channels of the organization.
4. Assist the secretariat of National Security Council to draft and translate documents and speeches of the authorities from local to English and from English to local languages.
5. Assist the Strategic Relations Directorate of National Security Council to translate updated news regarding national security to be further published in social media, social networks, and publications.
6. Assist relevant directorate to collect and compile updated information regarding national security of the country for the purpose of being published in newspapers, magazines, websites, social networks, and media.
7. Translate standard security related policies and strategies into local languages and provide brief presentation to the management of National Security Council.
8. Participate in the internal staff meetings as well as in the meetings of the officials with foreign delegations, draft meeting minutes, and deliver them to the participants accordingly.
9. Conduct translation from English into any of the local languages (Pashto or Dari) and from local language into English during official meetings of the management.
10. Translate legal documents including but not limited to official letters, office procedures, rules, and regulations from local into English language and vice versa.
11. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements to the senior officials.
12. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Professional Interpreter/Executive would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in translation, security briefing, or in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in English, Pashto, and Dari languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.