|Date Posted:||Feb 23, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 7, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About کمیسیون مستقل اصلاحات اداری و خدمات ملکی:
The Civil Service Reform Project seeks to hire a highly talented and professional translator to be part of the project team with specific responsibilities for in a multi-task environment under the overall guidance and supervision of the Communication Department Director and Executive Director of the CSRP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Written Translations:
1. Translates drafts, documents correspondence, presentations, and other documents from Dari or Pashato into English and vice versa (English into Dari or Pashto) having accurate terms and terminologies related to Public Administration of Afghanistan.
2. Translate documents for publication and posting on IARCSC website from English into Dari or Pashto and vice versa.
3. Builds the public administration and public sector commonly used vocabularies and shares it with other translators.
4. Proofreads and checks her or her own and others documents to assure quality and accuracy.
5. Translates legal documents and official correspondence in a concise manner from English to Dari or Pashto and vice versa.
6. Develops effective filing systems (Electronic and physical) and file important documents on regular basis.
7. Translates technical papers, spreadsheets, matrixes and other project relevant materials.
8. Keeps track and organizes the progress of assigned materials, prioritizing materials as necessary.
2. Oral Interpretation:
1. Provides interpretation for communication department and CSRP Management at presentations and meetings.
2. Performs other interpretation tasks as needed within the project implementation.
3. Interprets for the Dari and Pashto speakers while discussing any issues with the International Consultants or non local language speaker upon need.
4. Uses understandable, fluent words to construct sentences without loosing the basic concept of the document.
3. Assists and supports communication department in substantive issues:
1. Manages reporting of important meetings, such as preparation of agendas, taking necessary correspondence, taking minutes and preparing meeting reports as requested
2. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required and necessary within their area of responsibilities.
4. Other tasks and duties:
1. Maintains high level confidentiality of the documents translated.
2. Reviews and summarizes the incoming and outgoing documents related to the particular activity as required.
3. Meets the translation deadlines agreed upon.
4. Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
1. A Master Degree in Languages, Literature, Journalism or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelor Degree in above mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Excellent Computer skills in MS office are required.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.