|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Kardan University:
Ranking No. 1 in accreditation by Ministry of Higher Education of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2018, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Established in 2002, Kardan University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. With three campuses in Kabul, Kardan University currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 4,000 students in the field of Business, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Law, IT and Civil Engineering.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
In 2018, Kardan University obtained its academic accreditation from Ministry of Higher Education and by getting the highest scores, becomes the top ranked university in Afghanistan. Kardan University becomes the only university from Afghanistan to be granted full membership at the Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN). Kardan University is also a member of the Global Business School Network (GBSN) and is accredited by International Accreditation of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
If you are looking for a professional and friendly work environment where employees are valued, supported, and recognized for their accomplishments and if you are a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated professors and Lecturers to join our team of academicians and researchers in the field of National Security and International Relations.
Supported by the Academic Administrator of the Department, the professor/lecturer will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum in collaboration with the Academic Committee of the university.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry plus a complete benefits package that includes sponsorship of international trainings, workshops and research conferences. We also provide well-furnished accommodation for international faculty and facilitate processing of their work permits and visas.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Strong organizational, management, interpersonal and communication skill
- Expertise in Research
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes
- Build up professional logistics which helps in improvising the performances of the student.
- Develop course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program level learning assessment
- Participate in developing learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Guide, direct and mentor research scholars in their research projects.
- Assess, supervise and mentor the academic progress in students.
- Create, innovate and implement some activities and programs that help in career-enhancement.
- Take part in all activities of the department, faculty and the University.
- Support and serve up for various functional activities conducted by departmental committees.
- Review, assess and evaluate the activities and progress of students.
- Lend a hand, support and aid the Academic Administrator and Dean in their everyday functions and tasks.
- Publish their research works or findings in academic books or journals.
- Grade papers and tests; prepare exercises, lessons and lab experiments for the students.
- Teach graduate as well as the undergraduate students within their field of expertise.
- Submit the sessional and final results of the students within a week after midterm/ terminal examination.
- Take 6 classes of 180 minutes each per week.
- Assist examination department and make presence in the examination hall during examinations and in the conduction of entry test.
- Perform any other relevant task given by the management of Kardan University.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- PhD or MSc in relevant fields of National Security and/or International Relations.
- Five years of professional university level teaching experience
- Ability to teach National Security related subjects including Afghanistan in International History, Introduction to National Security, Strategic Studies, Defense Economics in National Security, Science, Technology and National Security, Regional Security (South and Central Asia), Managing Democratic State: Dilemmas of Policy and Security.
- Excellent command of English Language.