|Date Posted:||Oct 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 11, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Law,Social Science ,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan:
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 92 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Paktia and Kunduz.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
The Program Assistant will be responsible to provide administrative, financial and communication support to the Provincial Coordinator. He/she has the responsibility of engaging with local stakeholders and government authorities to promote anti-corruption efforts and demand transparency. The Integrity Building Program Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
Requires travel to provinces:
The candidate should have very good written and verbal language skills in both official languages as well as English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Program Assistant are as following:
1. Maintain and update all project records, files and database;
1. Manage administrative, logistics and financial affairs of Integrity centre;
2. Assist the Provincial Coordinator/Community Mobilizer in financial and logistics tasks;
3. Prepare and compile activity reports and submit to Community Based Monitoring programs on regular basis;
4. Prepare weekly and monthly work plans and sharing with Provincial Coordinator
5. Develop and present progress reports to Provincial Coordinator;
6. Hold meetings with stakeholders including citizen groups, academia (public policy departments of universities) and encourage them to use the facilities of the Integrity Center;
7. Identify and mapping civil society organizations/ CSOs; Share the published resources with CSOs and other stakeholders;
8. Coordinate with CSOs and government on anti-corruption efforts;
9. Liaise with CSOs, NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders to establish and maintain coordination networks;
10. Assist in establishing Provincial Integrity Networks/ PINs as knowledge platform to influence local authorities demand integrity and fight against corruption.
11. Equip the Integrity Center with soft and hard resources/ documents concerning anti-corruption, social accountability, and access to information;
12. Represent Integrity Watch in all coordination meetings at the provincial level in coordination with Provincial Coordinator
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
· The candidate should have Bachelor degree in social science, law, literature, development studies or other relevant degree programs;
· A minimum of one year of administrative and/or program experience is required.