|Date Posted:||Aug 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES Afghanistan):
FES Afghanistan is part of a network of more than 100 offices worldwide, run by the German Friedrich-Ebert foundation committed since 1925 to the values of democracy and social justice, promoting equality, sustainable peace and youth empowerment in all sectors of society. Operating in and beyond Kabul since 2002, FES Afghanistan works with a wide range of local, regional and international partners, research institution, media organizations and civil society activists, providing tremendous opportunities for creative and driven young voices. FES offers a dynamic and an international as well as multi-cultural and stable work environment, including medical benefits.
Program Coordinator (full-time) for its national and international work on Social Justice and Inclusion, Peace and Security, Youth Empowerment and Regional Stability with various target groups and cooperation partners.
For our local team, we are seeking to hire a motivated program coordinator with an open mind and professional experience of at least 5 years in an international organization or comparable work environment, preferably in project management, policy analysis or consulting.
Provinces to travel:
In the small team of FES Afghanistan, the incumbent will work directly with the Country Director, and help developing, organizing and implement conferences, workshops, studies and other projects aimed at engaging Afghan civil society and stakeholders in the above mentioned thematic areas. The incumbent is responsible for managing projects proactive and at times independently, and works together with other colleagues in Kabul, Delhi and Berlin as a team player. FES is looking for a creative and driven colleague who has excellent communication, networking and intercultural skills, who is well informed about politics and economics in Afghanistan and is willing to travel within Afghanistan and abroad.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualization and planning of national and regional projects in the field of Social Justice and Labor, Peace and Security, Youth Empowerment and Regional Stability;
- Organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, workshops, trainings);
- Actively participating in financial and administrative processes and logistic arrangements during monitoring of activities;
- Reporting on progress of projects and preparing follow-up strategies;
- Monitoring national and international Media discourses on Afghanistan
- Drafting and editing articles, blog posts and opinion pieces on developments in Afghanistan and the region;
- Representing FES at seminars, roundtables and conferences;
- Networking with other FES offices in the region, partner institutions, ministries, parliament, media, civil society organizations, subject matter experts, trade unions, and other relevant bodies.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- hold a Master Degree in Political Science/International Relations/Economics/Law/ Journalism/ other related Social Sciences
- be proficient in Dari, Pashtu and English (German skills are welcomed but not mandatory)
- have a general understanding of and an interest in international relations and security, political dynamics in Afghanistan’s environment, international labor and human rights standards, socio-economic challenges, and transnational migration dynamics. Deeper knowledge/expertise in at least two of the mentioned fields is highly welcomed.
- be willing and eligible to travel within Afghanistan and abroad