|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Project Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Relief :
Afghan Relief is an NGO working with all national and international donors in Afghanistan.
Apprenticeship program as livelihood humanitarian activity is designed to help Afghans to gain work experience, so that they are better able to compete for job openings in the mainstream economy. It is planned that several thousand apprentices will be placed with employers in course of next year, to ultimately support them to get full time jobs or to become self-employed.
The Apprenticeship Program Coordinator (APC) will be based in Kabul and will oversee all Apprenticeship program operations in the five regions and will report to the Apprenticeship Program Director. The APC will be responsible for implementation of apprenticeship program and will support and manage the Regional and Provincial Apprenticeship Coordinators (PACs), collect and process documentation for apprenticeships, establish relationships with employers and relevant stakeholders, and identify opportunities for work experience placements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In close coordination and under the direction of the Chief of Party and Apprenticeship Program Director (both of whom are based outside of Afghanistan) provide leadership, oversight, and coordination for regional apprenticeship program activities.
- Ensure internship and apprenticeship program activity approaches are understood and procedures are followed by PACs. Facilitate outreach to, identification and selection of businesses to host apprentices in the region. Facilitate outreach to, identification and selection of businesses by developing regional communications and outreach activities, by contracting with business service providers in the region and partnering with relevant educational institutions, NGOs, and other service providers.
- Assist in outreach to, recruitment and placement of interns and apprentices. Ensure apprentices are properly screened.
- Coordinate closely with PAC in his geographical region, reviewing and collecting monthly reports from PACs.
- Coordinate closely with the M&E specialist in the region to monitor internship programs.
- Perform any other task assigned by the COP and Program Director.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to perform essential job functions listed above
- Organizational skills, supervisory leadership, and self-motivation to manage an expanding business
- Understanding of government contracting in the U.S. and Afghanistan
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with the CEO, Senior VPs, Managers, Functional Leaders, Senior Advisors, Consultants, staff, and clients
- Adaptability to living in a foreign country with different cultural values
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful and professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with 3 to 6 years implementing professional development, training, or community outreach programs.
- Familiarity with regional businesses and employers, ability to conduct professional outreach to and engage with Afghan businesses is essential.
- Familiarity with internship, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, ability to motivate team members.
- Previous experience with international organizations, humanitarian organizations or donor-funded programs, preferred.
- Fluency in English and in Dari or Pashto (depending on location).
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and computer software, and familiar with databases.
- Must be able to travel throughout the provinces in your region of work.
- The position reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and the Apprenticeship Program Director on program matters and the CEO on corporate matters.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you are a good fit for the position. Please mention the title of the position you are applying for (Program Coordinator) in the subject line of your e-mail. We encourage you to apply very soon as we review resumes and conduct interviews on daily basis. Afghan Relief is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age and nationality.