|Date Posted:||Dec 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO):
The Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO) is aØ¯ Afghan leading organization established under the 2005 NGO Law with the purpose of helping Afghan citizens â€“ notably the poor and the womenâ€“ to acquire and protect their land rights. ALCOâ€™s intended vision is â€œsecure and equitable access to land for all Afghan citizensâ€ ALCO has been recently awarded a contract for providing Real Estate Services across the country and conducting land title search with parcel identification. Thus, ALCO is looking for a competitor and motivated candidate to work as Project Manage to be based in Kabul. For more information about ALCO please visit www.afghan-land.org
Under the direction of the Executive Director of ALCO, the Program Director is responsible for guidance and leading a team of Program staff towards Programme Development, Quality Assurance of the Projects Implemented by ALCO, Partnership Building, Resource Mobilization and Advocacy. The Programme Director advocates for ALCO and liaises with ALCO partners including Donors, Government Agencies, Technical Advisors and Experts and Civil Society.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Leads the Programme Team in Programme formulation to ensure that the initiatives are in line with the donor interests and addresses the country priorities.
2. Ensures that the right Programme Management tools are in place and in use that ensures the right quality standards are delivered as per the project documents. Such tools would include, organized work plans, well organized monitoring and evaluation measures and effective risk and issue management.
3. Ensures Cross department coordination and cooperation and promote team work within ALCO.
4. Supports resources mobilization and advocates for ALCO with government counterparts, donors and financial institutions.
5. Ensuring the quality of any outgoing correspondence e.g. letters, reports, proposals, press releases, marketing materials and other related documents.
6. Deputize the Executive Director on all Programme related issues including (acting as facilitator, attending high level meetings, maintaining external contacts, initiating ideas for new projects etc;
7. To work closely with the related project managers to ensure that all projects and contracts are up to date and ensure relevant managers produce monthly reports to the Executive Director and donors outlining progress on all projects;
8. Evaluate and monitor the performance and efficiency of programs to ensure that programs implementations are on target and in-line with the expected results.
9. To provide regular updates to ALCO on government policies and legislations according the need of ALCO.
10. To make sure that the board is kept fully informed and updated on the condition of ALCO and all important factors influencing it.
11. Assist on providing leadership and vision to ALCO by assisting the Executive Director with the development of long range strategies and annual plans.
12. Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary.
1. Bachelor degree in business administration, social science and relevant field, Master degree is a plus.
2. 3 + years of professional experience in senior managerial positions and working with International organization and donor-funded projects.
3. Ability to prepare and manage reports as necessary with professional standard.
4. Strong oral and written English language communication skill.
5. Ability to work effectively with a range of partners and stakeholders and maintain good communication relations.
6. Relevant professional working experience at the national or international level in results-management, reporting or in related field;
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and address challenges
8. Computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Access, Power point, Outlook, etc...).
9. Ability to work at a challenging work environment.