|Date Posted:||May 20, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MOT):
The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is implementing various road projects in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. For implementation of the projects funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a Program Management Office (PMO) of MoT willing to handle implementation related tasks that would include (a) procurement civil works and consultants’ services, (b) monitor the progress of day-to-day project implementation, (c) accord various approvals including approval for variations, extension of time, (including obtaining approvals of the donors,.), etc., (d) prepare progress reports (e) prepare withdrawal applications for disbursement, (f) maintain project accounts and complete loan financial records for auditing and (g) ensure compliance with various Loan and Grant covenants, etc
The PMO Program Director will have overall responsibility to manage the implementation of all ADB-financed projects in the transport sector on behalf of the Ministry of Transport (MoT). He/she will report to the MOT Minister and ADB in coordination with the Deputy Ministers (Technical and O&M) on corresponding technical issues. The PMO Program Director, in consultation of the PMO Senior Advisor and the corresponding PMO Senior Project Manager and PMO Project Manager, will have the full authority to take appropriate decisions on the technical aspects of the projects.
- Relevant professional affiliations in the fields above (Preferred).
- Experience should include public procurement, large road works contract administration, and resolving road works related to technical issues.
- Extensive experience interfacing with contractors, consultant, and client preferably projects financed by international organizations.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multidisciplinary teams; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but not limited to:
- Lead the PMO staff in implementing the projects.
- Manage the PMO human resources to ensure effective and efficient operations of the PMO.
- Coordinate with ADB and other development partners on transport sector development.
- Organize and facilitate donor coordination meetings.
- In coordination with MoT, relevant ministries, and ADB, facilitate planning and preparation of new investment projects for ADB funding.
- Oversee/ supervise the procurement of consultancy services and civil works to ensure that (i) the process is transparent, and (ii) all the activities are performed as per the Government’s regulations and ADB procurement guidelines and completed within the procurement plan’s timelines.
- Oversee/ supervise/ facilitate the implementation activities of the project team to ensure that the quality of work meets the technical specifications’ requirements. Coordinate with local Governors and all the stakeholders including community to ensure smooth implementation of the projects and security/safety of the project personnel.
- Ensure compliance with ADB safeguards requirements and Government’s regulations on land acquisition, gender, environment, and indigenous people.
- Ensure effective reporting system and quality of Engineer’s reports.
- Oversee/ supervise the Engineer’s input and ensure the desired deliverable is produced.
- Prepare annual projections for contract awards and disbursements and monitor budget execution.
- Maintain regular communication with ADB, Ministry of Finance, and other Ministries to support the implementation of the projects.
- Report the major outputs and progress of the portfolio to ADB on a monthly basis
- Report to MoT and ADB on issues obstructing project implementation and take an active/ leading role in preparing the action plan and finding a solution.
- Participate and lead the Quarterly Portfolio Review (QPR) meeting and ensure the follow-up actions.
- Monitor the performance of the PMO staff, and in consultation with MoT Minister and ADB, prepare a performance evaluation report for each staff annually.
- Through the PMO Project Managers, monitor and evaluate the performance of all the Engineer and Contractor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A master degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project management with a minimum of 5 Years of experience (Preferred) / or a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Transport Engineering with minimum 10 years of the experience.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV, clearly indicating the position applied for, in the subject of your email to PMO Office of Ministry of Transport, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the position applied for in the subject line.