|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
About Growth Impact Management Consultancy (GrowthIMC):
Growth Impact Management Consulting (GrowthIMC) is an Afghan, woman-owned and managed, innovative business and management consulting firm incorporated and registered with the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
We believe in delivering quality services to our clients and share a long-term vision for engaging with and supporting our partners. Our management team are experienced and qualified Afghans and expats who bring extensive and practical expertise in economic growth, education, enterprise development, impact assessment, performance monitoring, and evaluation.
We carefully select our staff, partners, and technical experts to offer our customers best-in-class expertise and insights. Our consultants offer diverse sets of skills and experiences built over successful careers in multi-national corporations around the world.
GrowthIMC provides holistic and solution-oriented services in the following areas:
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Youth Employment, Education, and Economic Empowerment
- Business and Management Consulting (Enterprise Development, Organizational Assessment, and Management Review and Sustainability Consulting)
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Monitoring & Evaluation, Learning, Research and Third-Party Monitoring
Program Directorate is a high-level position that manages activities and tasks related to the deliverables of the program in general.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for the following but not limited to:
• Develops a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
• Initiate and set goals for program section based on the organization’s and its target/prospective clients’ strategic objectives.
• Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
• Builds and maintains the program organization, chooses the ways of working, and defines the interfaces with other functions globally.
• Gives direction and enables complex, integral programs, and interacts with multiple clients/stakeholders.
• Keeps up-to-date with the evolving business domain in order to optimize the goals of program.
• Manages lessons learned, incorporates continuous improvement and facilitates harmonization across functions and departments.
• Provides business management with regular program performance status, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions, reports on performance to the hierarchical superior for the purpose of appraisal and conducts evaluation at the end of the program.
• Conducting regular programs review and meetings
• Donor mapping, approaching them and meeting with them regularly.
• Develop and approve operations and budgets.
• Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
New Business Development Role:
• Closely reviews the donors’ mandates, scope of work and predictions, keeps the management informed about the amendments, changes and new opportunities and plans and implements a placement strategy for the company to apply for the opportunities and meet donors’ expectations.
• Conducts research to identify new donors/clients and new business opportunities.
• Develops proposal, budgets and other documents as per requirements of the donors.
• Ensures application packages are developed and submitted within the given deadlines.
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
• Promotes organization’s services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients.
Project Implementation Role:
• Leads the communication with donor/clients.
• Reviews and improves any document before submission to the donor/client.
• Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
• Deploys Process Improvement and Quality Assurance and makes the program organization efficient and transparent, in line with business and program processes.
• Ensures projects activities are in line with the approved and available budget lines and limitations.
• Ensures all steps, milestones and program processes followed and documented, meeting all stage gates.
• Supervises all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
• Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed.
• Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues.
• Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations.
Strategic Value and Risk Management Role:
• Identifying the important value drivers and key risks, ensuring those involved do not lose focus on strategic aspects, and leading efforts to mitigate risks and accelerate value creation.
• Anticipates upcoming changes in project stages or collaboration participants, managing transitions smoothly, as well as facilitating complex discussions with the clients/donors to map a way forward when unanticipated situations or corporate decisions in either party trigger issues in the Program delivery.
• Maintains knowledge of the laws and regulations that pertain to the organization and each client’s operations and ensure that all programs act within those requirements.
• Reviews project/business contracts carefully and ensures adherence to established rules and guidelines and overall applicable laws of Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Program Director is required to directly report to the Chief Executive Officer of Growth Impact Management Consultancy.
- Proven experience as program director or other program-related positions in USAID, World Bank, UN, European Union and other donors – funded projects.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in economics, management or any other relevant field.
- 8-10 years of experience in relevant field
- Ability to quickly understand the program activities.
- Experience in staff management and performance monitoring are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with program evaluation, development, and economic.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general periodicals.
- Impressive English skills.
- Leadership skills
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability of multi-tasking
- Enhanced knowledge of program management
- Ability of risk management, conflict management, under-pressure decision making ability
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested applicants are requested to send their Cover Letters and CVs no later than October 30, 2020 to email@example.com