|Date Posted:||Oct 11, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Nov 10, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Lapis is a full-service strategic communications agency, headquartered in United Arab Emirates with reach across Middle East, North Africa and Asia.
Lapis is part of Moby Group which is established in 2003. Moby Group has advanced the media industry in a number of emerging and frontier markets extending from Central Asia to Middle East and beyond. Moby Group employs over 1000 professionals to deliver its content-driven audience building strategy across 17 businesses and 7 markets, reaching over 450 million people through its activities in broadcasting, productions, publishing, sports and research. We utilize our extensive resources in media and broadcast, our global network of influencers and thematic experts, and practitioners in international development and marketing communications.
Lapis with over ten years of experience in the country, has the biggest communications platform with broad experience of working with different institutions inside and outside Afghanistan. Lapis has implemented communication projects of different size and scope in the fields of development, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and etc. Its thematic expertise in the field of communications is civil society development, countering violent extremism, economic development, elections, gender equality, governance, migration, peacebuilding and humanitarian crises.
Provide insight and assist in developing strategic and innovative solutions to client briefs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide insight and assist in developing strategic and innovative solutions to client briefs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Oversee and manage the design and implementation of projects from inception to completion, taking into account operational and technical aspects.
• Execute projects efficiently and effectively, within the constraints of the available resources, on time and within budget.
• Develop and maintain project management tools specific to the project, such as workplans, project reports, risk assessments, budget plans, and reports.
• Assist project teams with day-to-day tasks.
• Contribute to business development by identifying new opportunities and developing communication strategies, innovative approaches, budgets, results frameworks, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Proactively seek out and engage new potential clients in order to develop new businesses.
• Arrange and participate in meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain intimate familiarity with potential partner networks, broadcasters, and production companies.
• Build the Lapis brand through conferences, speaking engagements, and the publication of case studies, white papers, and thought leadership content online.
• Attend external meetings and networking events on behalf of Lapis.
• 5–7 years of professional experience, including a minimum of 5 years in project management.
• Proficiency in Pashtu, Dari, and English is required (written and spoken).
• Proven ability to manage multiple detailed projects in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Superior interpersonal skills across cultures, both remotely and in person.
• Intense intellectual curiosity combined with sound strategic judgment and analytical ability.
• Superior written and oral communication abilities.
• A strong commitment to developing novel and realistic solutions to complex problems.
• Passion for and commitment to driving positive change in Afghanistan.
• A thorough understanding of Afghanistan's socio-political landscape is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of donors and the global funding environment preferred.