|Date Posted:||Jun 7, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 17, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
This is a grade (4) position under Program and Planning Directorate. As the program manager, provide assistance in budget planning and development based on effective, transparent and efficient program accountability requirements of relevant administrations and MoIA subordinates both at the capital and provincial level. Also help implement MoIA strategies, plans and policies in order to achieve strategic goals and objectives of MoIA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Program evaluation and analysis in accordance to MoIA strategies.
2. Review and recommend amendments in directives, needs assessment form and other programing documents and processes of MoIA budgeting.
3. Reviewing ANP 10 year vision, strategy, plan and programing directives and coordinating program structure in compliance with aforementioned documents.
4. Sustainable coordination and collaboration with all departments and subordinates of MoIA relevant departments at central and national level in planning, programing and program budgeting.
5. Collaborating with working groups and program managers in needs assessment, prioritization and costing of budgeting assessment needs and registering in circular number 1 and 2.
6. Valuing the goals and strategic priorities and integrating it into the planning and program budgeting.
7. Classification, prioritization, coding and coordination of budgeting needs based on six program and budgeting elements ( personnel, education, assets, facilities, equipment and maintenance)
8. Coordination among departments and subordinate staff at central and provincial level on the introducing, clarifying and standardizing of needs assessment forms.
9. Managing all program related aspects in coordination with program managers and working groups
10. Prioritization of effective expenditure and allocation of available resources in order to achieve expected results.
11. Manage and monitor program implementation and progress, identifying the impediments/challenges and figure out fair solutions in order to address the challenges and implement the program effectively.
12. Develop report to MoIA on the progress in program implementation
13. Monitor program design and new activities as well as its compliance with MoIA goals, strategy and objectives.
14. Effective Prioritization and allocation of resources to achieve the expected results.
15. Collaborate in cost estimation of activities in accordance to standard norm and existing guidelines.
16. Design and implement program executive and operation plans based on the given timeline in coordination with other programs.
17. Attend budget committee internal meetings based on programs.
18. Perform any other legal duties and responsibilities assigned by Director of plan and program.
Impact of Results
1. Program budget plan and development in which all organizational needs shall be incorporated and needs and priorities are to be identified and include it into circular no. 1 and 2.
2. Effective budget implementation of MoIA considering transparent links between strategic goals and financial resources of the ministry.
3. Coordinate and collaborate between program related departments and subordinates.
At least BA degree in economics, law and social science, Management BBA and M.A degree is preferred Education
At least two year experience in the related field Experience
Fluency in English, Dari/Pashto and written as well as spoken ability Language Requirements:
Other skills (short term trainings and courses, on the job trainings and etc.) Comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations and other legal documents of the country, liaising, capacity building, English language, computer program skills. Other skills
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement goals and objectives
Ability to learn, understand and practice management and security policies and procedures of MoIA.
Accept daily assignment and fully dominant while performing daily tasks
Having good will and be committed to perform daily assignments in order to achieve and obtain expected results.
Be able to work under pressure and overcome challenges and problems
Calm and controlled while under pressure, maintain gender equality and contribute in daily tasks and assignments
Be clear, Fluent and precise in speaking and writing
Listen and translate the exact message.
Ability to ask from different angles for further clarity ( interpersonal skills)
Open towards sharing information and updating others.
Set clear goals based on agreed strategies.
Identify, set and present priorities if needed
Proper time and resource allocation in order to complete assignments
Foresee risks while planning
Assess and control essential plans and activities
Proper time management