|Date Posted:||May 11, 2011|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO):
The Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO) is aØ¯ Afghan leading organization established under the 2005 NGO Law with the purpose of helping Afghan citizens â€“ notably the poor and the womenâ€“ to acquire and protect their land rights. ALCOâ€™s intended vision is â€œsecure and equitable access to land for all Afghan citizensâ€ ALCO has been recently awarded a contract for providing Real Estate Services across the country and conducting land title search with parcel identification. Thus, ALCO is looking for a competitor and motivated candidate to work as Project Manage to be based in Kabul. For more information about ALCO please visit www.afghan-land.org
The Program Officer works under direct supervision of the Program Director, with the overall guidance from ALCO Executive Director. The Program Officer Investigates assigned program functional areas and develops a clear understanding of these areas; The Program Officer will be mainly entrusted in Programme Development including working on proposals, mobilizing resources for the ALCO initiatives; building a good working relationship with the donors and counterparts; Quality Assurance of the Projects including the reports that are produced at projects; Advocacy for ALCOâ€™s activities; ensuring a good partnership and networking; keeping Program Director informed of program-related activities; maintains close coordination with; Executive Director, Program Director, Board of Directors, and other program staff as needed to accomplish program goals and objectives.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with the related projects responsible to ensure that all projects and contracts are up to date and ensure relevant managers produce monthly reports on timely bases.
2. Edit and proof reading of reports provided by Project Managers and sub-contractors.
3. Evaluate and monitor the performance and efficiency of programs to ensure that programs implementations are on target and in-line with the expected results.
4. Develops proposals in the assigned initiative program area(s) and formulates recommendations for funding, ensures that proposal summaries are consistent and accurate, and that all required information is provided.
5. Initiate and organize the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track accomplishments as per the ALCO goals and objectives.
6. Analyze and collect the data under M and E framework for assessment of the progress and areas for improvement.
7. Prepare presentations to the Executive Team and Board of Directors for consideration and approval of Proposals.
8. Creates and executes projects work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
9. Collaborate and work with Project Managers on each project priority areas as appropriate and determined by the Program Director.
10. Donor coordination activities for on going projects and making sure the donors are receiving required and requested information on project progress on time.
11. Participate in conferences and other relevant meetings on behalf of ALCO as and when is needed
12. Organize training required and selects training tools for the ALCO projects
13. Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
14. Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary for the project activities.
1. Bachelor degree in Law, Engineering, Business Administration, social science or related filed, master degree is an advantage.
2. 3 + years of professional experience in senior managerial positions and working with International organization and donor-funded projects.
3. Ability to prepare and manage reports as necessary with professional standard.
4. Excellent knowledge on proposal and task completion reports.
5. Strong oral and written English language communication skill.
6. Relevant professional working experience at the national or international level in results-management, reporting or in related field;
7. Ability to communicate effectively with client and employees and stockholders
8. Good computer skills in MS. Office programs.