|Date Posted:||May 8, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Line Manager, Program Officer is responsible for the all Functions related to the Mines and Minerals operations of MoMP, Including Maintains grant-related electronic/hard-copy filing systems for the department, Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing Works with other departments as needed to accomplish tasks and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Responsible for all administrative functions related to the department’s grant making, grants management and monitoring work.
3. Handles announcement and distribution of request for proposals and processing of proposals received including acknowledgement, processing via online system and preparing applications for review by staff and committees.
4. Coordinates logistics for the department’s in-office meetings and community events including scheduling, venue arrangements, set-up, equipment needs, refreshments, materials, invitation.
5. Maintains Foundation’s databases of nonprofit and community contacts to ensure they are up-to-date.
6. Assists in preparing meeting materials for committee and Board meetings.
7. Attends meetings for the Program Committee of the Foundation and writes official meeting minutes.
8. Maintains grant-related electronic/hard-copy filing systems for the department.
9. Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
10. Works with other departments as needed to accomplish tasks and responsibilities.
11. Other duties as assigned by the direct manager according to law and regulation.
Minimum of Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economy, Public Administration, BA and any other related fields. With minimum of 4 years of working experience in area related to office administrative support service.
Knowledge and experience with office telephone and electronic mail protocol.
Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, working with databases and internet research
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.