|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
Program Support officer is working/responsible in area of managing warehouses logistical/financial and warehouse activities. He is responsible for developing, implementing and comply with the logistical/financial and warehousing SOPs of WAW and UNHCR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure to assist Team leader in warehouse daily to today program works and correspondence.
· Carry out entries of UNHCR-LTS data into Quick Books system for field center.
· Ensure to Verify quality and quantity of received items and cross checks with delivery noted and waybills and reports to the supervisor /Team leader of LTS project.
· Ensure to Implement and proper update of documents (bin cards/stock cards) in accordance to the items movement in warehouse
· Ensure to Provides update report of any items movement to the operation /team leader.
· Ensure to Conducts and guides sporadic sample and periodic inventories of stocks.
· Responsible Controls proper stock arrangement after every items movement in warehouse.
· Responsible to Receive the requested parts from Kabul LTS workshop and to store in the stock accordingly.
· Prepare the spare parts order/request forms based on the shortage of parts in the stock
· Providing daily activity/laborers reports and submits to supervisor /LTS team leader
· Support the program support officer/assistant/team leader in updating of stock reports from all section of the warehouse from sub office.
· Issuing invoice to customer of UNHCR on time and collecting dues within a due date
Financial and administration related works:
· Ensure to check and review the logistic/procurement documents for accuracy, completeness, ensure expenses are allowable.
· Responsible for Safe-keeping of project administrative records (such as contracts, leaves, personal files etc.).
· Ensure to Prepare journal vouchers and any required forms from QB or manual for financial supporting documents.
· Make sure the tax issue and payment status are done on timely basis.
· To maintain an appropriate control over the cashbooks Sub-Office, amount receivable and expenses records and regularly check of the physical cash balance against the cashbook, Quick book and manual balances.
· Responsible for Supervision and/or controlling of the project support staff day today activities including Security Guards, Cooks/Cleaners and Drivers.
· Responsible for writing of all forms and letters to government and other offices while you asked to by line manager
· The program support/warehouse assistant is responsible to manage attendances and leave of the project staff. Report the leave balance of the staff to their head of departments on monthly/quarterly basis.
· Responsible to Compile and organize information for trainings, meeting agendas and conferences (organizing sound systems, stage etc.) including organizing and drafting of reports when asked for translation/compilation/filing.
· Ensure to Organize all WAW files, staff personal files and Keep them in safe and confidential manner.
· Ensure to Monitors safety, security, and stock performance and siting objective/apprising them on timely manner for LTS service staff in provincial level.
· Responsible for releasing of fuel to UNHCR vehicles and generators based on the requests.
· Ensure to Receive/store the fuel into the big fuel tank of UNHCR office, procuring by UNHCR and WAW supply chain/logistic.
· Responsible for Managing the stationary, consumable items stock and reports
· Makes sure basic office supplies are in stock, order when necessary: orders to be approved by provincial/area manager. Keeps file of orders, including items, date of purchase, cost.
· Ensure the suppliers payments being transferred/paid on a timely manner and look after WAW account and take care of Bank related matters.
· Tracks and monitors expenditures; ensures transactions are properly supported and documented before recommending for payment and further action.
· Provides technical assistance to and monitors warehouses on all admin and finance-related functions on timely basis.
· Ensure to control and monitor the approved LTS project budget and support the program team/leader on budget follow up and report any variance to finance specialist and HQ finance team.
· Maintain project’s accounting books and records, including general ledger and subsidiary ledgers, and ensure that there is proper and adequate documentation to support all of the project’s transactions;
· Ensure conformity of project disbursement requests with procedures, work plans and availability of resources for expenditure.
· Ensure that Purchase Orders are raised and RPA, requisitions for procurement, contract issuance and amendment as well as disbursement of funds are processed and costs captured with sense of urgency and accuracy.
· Any other task given time to time by concern supervisor.
· At least 3 years’ Experience on admin/finance/program functions with national and international NGOs and UN agencies.
· BA degree in Business Administration or related field
· Strong working knowledge of tax law and regulation and warehouses
· Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Capacity to work under pressure and meet the timelines
· Possess Dari or Pashto communication skills in reading, writing, speaking to support the requirements of the position to which assigned.
III. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
· Able to work overtime on weekends or holidays required by the supervisor or program
· He is required to be adaptable for larger tasks not specified in this framework.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Interested Afghan applicants should submit their CVs along with cover letter indicating their interest and suitability for the position.
Please indicate the vacancy number (Program Support Officer VA# 885) clearly in the Subject line also in cover letter and send: email@example.com