|Date Posted:||Nov 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Accounting/Finance ,Economic Growth,Management,Agriculture|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
Through its Country Offices, or FAO Representations, FAO assists governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to address hunger, food security and malnutrition, and provides technical support for the sustainable development of their agricultural, livestock, animal health, and irrigation and forestry sectors as well as emergency preparedness and response to conflict and natural affected events. The activities of the FAO Representation include design and implementation of country-tailored field programmes, liaison with local donor representatives and active public awareness raising and outreach activities related to the mandate of FAO.
FAO assistance in Afghanistan achieves its objectives through capacity development and direct project implementation in four specific areas of FAO’s technical expertise:
- Better governance through improved capacity for policy planning, land reform, decentralization, and management of common natural resources;
- Fostering expansion of irrigation and field water management;
- Intensive agriculture for surplus commercialization, value chains development, and job creation; and
- Supporting vulnerable farmers for improved food & nutrition security, resilience, and emergency response to natural and man-made disasters and climate change.
The FSAC is co-led by World Food Program (WFP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), with a Non-governmental Organization as co-chair. http://fscluster.org/afghanistan. Over 172 partner organizations country-wide are active in the FSAC, including: 72 international NGOs, 68 national NGOs, 3 Red Cross/Crescent related organizations, 6 private and research institutions, 9 state-level line ministries, 15 UN agencies and 5 donors.
FSAC Perform 6 core functions namely;
- To support service delivery in the provision of a platform for ensuring that service delivery is driven by strategic priorities.
- To develop mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery.
- To inform the Humanitarian Coordinator (HC) and Humanitarian Country Team's (HCT) strategic decision-making by preparing needs assessments and gaps analysis (across and within sectors).
- To identify and find solutions for (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication and crosscutting issues.
- To formulate priorities on the basis of analysis.
- To provide accountability to affected population.
Purpose of this vacancy announcement:
FAO is looking for qualified national staff to support the work of the FAO – Food Security and Agriculture Cluster. The post is located in FAO Representation, MAIL compound, Kabul - Afghanistan.
The project activities are implemented successfully, timely and effectively in conformity with the objectives of the project.
Main objective of this position is to provide full support on programme related functions, administrative, financial and project operational matters to ensure the project activities are implemented successfully, timely and effectively as per the project plan and conform to the objectives of the project.
Reporting Lines / Supervision Received/Exercised:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Afghanistan, with direct supervision of FSAC Coordinator and in close consultation with the relevant units (Administrative and Programme Unit) in FAO Representation in Afghanistan, the incumbent will be responsible for the timely and effective follow-up of project administrative and operational activities. The Programme and Administrative Support Officer will carry out the following tasks:
Provinces to travel:
- At least five (05) years of relevant work experience in the field of programme preferably in food security and livelihoods sector and know-how of administrative task including budget;
- Experience with donor funded projects, Government of Afghanistan and UN agencies will be an added advantage;
- Full working knowledge of financial management, administration, procurement, logistic and human resources;
Required Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis;
- High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and coordination skills, and a proven ability to work constructively with a variety of stakeholders to achieve common goals;
- Ability to deal with political, technical, and people management challenges, administer budgets and work effectively with all staff and with groups involved in the project;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong computer skills with extensive experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and other basic software applications, and familiarity with of financial software knowledge and skills;
Other Desirable Skills:
- Good understanding and familiarity with UN development/ humanitarian program and working methods, particularly with FAO policies, financial and budget, administration and programming procedures;
- Be a team player and have client focus.
- Working experience with ministries, national institutions and the rural sector in Afghanistan;
- Experience organizing stakeholder meetings or workshops with national participants;
- Experience in multi-stakeholder analysis, and in mobilizing or creating awareness about development projects;
- Familiarity with UN agencies procedures for project implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local languages, both spoken and written skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support FSAC information management role in collecting food security and livelihoods data from partners and analyzing the data to draft quarterly reports with the support of IM officer.
- Work as a gender focal person for the cluster in making sure that gender is mainstreamed in cluster activities like HNO, HRP, SRP and AHF projects.
- Work as FSAC focal person to ensure accountability to affected population through AWAZ Afghanistan referral mechanism and partner’s capacity building on AAP.
- Support cluster coordinator in preparation of work plan, log frame and budget of the project to upload in FAO online systems.
- Support cluster coordination role in regions (Herat, Mazar, Badakhshan, Kandahar, and Jalalabad), which also includes missions to support cluster activities, such as meetings and trainings.
- Maintain and update contact lists at national and regional level for all FSAC partners and liaise with cluster focal persons on administration support requirements.
- Act as focal point for all FSAC related administrative and financial matters, in close collaboration with the FAO Representation in the country, and be responsible for ensuring the smooth administration of activities conducted by FSAC;
- Prepare request for payments (fund release orders), ensure all the supporting documents are available and in accordance with FAO rules; Reconcile Petty Cash ensuring all disbursements are in accordance with FAO rules and procedures; Maintain a database/monitoring/record system to enable keeping track of the project expenditures;
- Assist in handling day-to-day operational project activities this includes; travel arrangements for field missions and training, organizing workshops, training events and meetings; documentation of meeting minutes and archiving the record.
- Support in contract management for national level planned and ad-hoc assessments which includes partners contract preparation/management, payments and record keeping.
- Liaise closely with the FAO Representation in the country with regards to the procurement of supplies and equipment, assist in custom clearance procedures and maintain inventory records;
- Assist HR on contract extensions, arrange orientation session, submission of staff QAR, process medical claim request, staff leave record, staff UN ID cards, DSA and salary payments, communication expenses and travel arrangements.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Agriculture or equivalent;