|Date Posted:||Jan 6, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 16, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British international NGO (www.afghanaid.org.uk) that has been working in Afghanistan since 1983. Headquartered in Kabul, Afghanaid implements projects directly in 8 provinces and through partners in a further number of provinces and maintains a marketing and fundraising office in London. Afghanaid works in some of the most remote areas of the country and through a range of programme interventions supports development of basic services, such as water and sanitation, access roads, education facilities and other community infrastructure; strengthens livelihoods through improved natural resource management, agricultural and small enterprise development, and improved access to markets; and provides humanitarian assistance in times of emergencies. Gender mainstreaming, local governance and community development are integrated into all of Afghanaid’s work. The results achieved have earned Afghanaid the respect and recognition of stakeholders as an effective and collaborative charity.
Rolling out of emergency interventions at provincial/district level, he/she will be responsible for collecting, compiling and consolidating all information on the Humanitarian assistance and DRR programme on a regular basis, helping PDRM and M&E team in conducting Rapid Need Assessments and he/she will closely coordinating the Humanitarian assistance and DRR programme activities with line sectors i.e. MAIL, ANDMA, and Ministry of Economy etc.
Provinces to travel:
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
· Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member.
· Professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
· Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rolling out of emergency interventions at provincial/district level
- Programme officer is responsible for collecting, compiling and consolidating all information on the Humanitarian assistance and DRR programme on a regular basis.
- Helping PDRM and M&E team in conducting Rapid Need Assessments
- Closely coordinating the Humanitarian assistance and DRR programme activities with line sectors i.e. MAIL, ANDMA, and Ministry of Economy etc.
- Processing the Programme’s relevant projects documents i.e. PRs, contracts, comparative statement, note for records etc.
- Assisting Senior Programme Mangers on Recruitment and Procurement and Liaison activity of DRR & Humanitarian Assistance Pillar
- Translation of the Programme document from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa
- Coordinate and technically support the other small fund emergency projects.
- Provide technical support , programme staff especially in integrated watershed management and natural resource management.
- Perusing Field Monitoring and Evaluation findings Management Response Plan with Provincial CBED Coordinator and Head Office M&E team
- Any other tasks assigned by Senior program manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A bachelor’s degree from a university in Business Administration Economics Social sciences or related field is preferred.
- Excellent communication team working and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Pashto Dari and English.
- Good computer skills including proven experience using Microsoft Office packages.