|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This position is located in Herat zonal office of World Vision Afghanistan.to provide wide range of administrative supports services for the Administration Unit at World Vision Afghanistan in Herat Office and develop and maintain efficient office systems and procedures.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Working knowledge in administration
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Must have good attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the project manager.
- Request office supplies/daily administrative needs for the office and track office supplies and registration.
- Prepare time sheet for all staff in coordination with HR for any leave and overtime of staff.
- Prepare PRFs for staff recruitment and PRs for goods, works & service for Herat zonal office and the projects by adherence WV procurement policies and procedures.
- Prepare all requested purchases in a timely manner by working closely with the project managers, procurement and administration departments.
- Obtain necessary purchase documents for all the projects and submit to administration department.
- Prepare purchase requisitions in close coordination with the relevant project managers and submit to procurement department.
- Maintain scanned copy of all procurement transactions and keeping the filing system updated.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and workshops
- Be up-to-date on administrative activities and follow responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Develop and update an office filing systems and keep the records accordingly including WVA in and out letters registration
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other project staff who do not have access to lotus notes.
- Coordinate office procedures to project staff
- Resolve administrative problems
- Liaise with HR to handle request and queries from project staff
- Assist in training of new hires orientations.
- Assist in separation process of staff, clearance and exit procedures.
- Finding ways to improve administrative processes
- Other tasks assigned by the project manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
- Associate degree in management or administration certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in business administration, business management, public administration
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency
- Ability to work off-hours and on weekends as needed
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Able to maintain a high standard of personal appearance
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national and international staff.
- Have a good behavior with all staff and WVA stakeholders