|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) Over the last ten years, Afghanistan witnessed two major shortages of supply of locally grown wheat due to sharp decline in local production, and limited supply from traditional export markets in neighboring countries. As a result, many Afghans especially those living in rural and remote area suffered from severe shortage of wheat which is described as a major food intake in the country. In response to the described challenges, the Government of Afghanistan, represented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL), is planning to establish a Strategic Grain Reserve to be primarily used in responding to such emergency situations, and requested the support from the World Bank in this regard. The Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) is a World Bank funded project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) through the establishment of transitional Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and would have three components: (i) Establish physical infrastructure (grain silos) to reserve grain; (ii) Strengthening institutional capacity to operate the strategic grain reserve; (iii) Establishment of a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the short term to be in charge of managing all project activities.
The Project Assistant of SGR project is responsible for supporting high-level overall departments to provide administrative support and performs numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing, handling visitors, routing callers, and answering questions, requests or similar tasks.
Provinces to travel:
· Strong communication and writing skills.
· Ability to interact with team members and suppliers.
· Experience with event management or project management.
· Ability to solve problems.
· Experience on World Bank or similar projects preferable.
· Ability to manage time effectively.
· Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and arranging the SGR project day – to – day activities for the project director.
- Maintain the general filing system of SGR project (both hard and soft copy).
- Monitoring and processing all incoming and outgoing correspondence telephone, letters, queries and request for the SGR project director.
- Keep records, control and scheduling appointments for the SGR project director.
- Typing all documents and reports for the project director as required.
- Maintain monthly, quarterly and annual reports and distribute them on a regular schedule.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, presentation and other documents, using Word, Spreadsheet, Power Point etc.
- Maintain up to date contact list details (e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, etc.)
- Provide a disciplined, clean and professional office environment.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings/conference and other related issues.
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, circulate and records decisions of meetings.
- Distribute office stationary to the staff and keep an updated list for them.
- Follow up various administrative functions supporting the SGR project director.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopier, fax machine, scanner, printer, etc.
- He/she will report to the SGR Admin and HR.
- Any other duties assigned by the SGR project director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Agriculture or other related discipline.
· Minimum 2 years of work experience in the field of management, project management or other related field.
· Able to operate MS office computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel and Email).
· Being fluent in English language; and should have good command on both national languages (Dari and Pashto).