|Date Posted:||Aug 9, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 22, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Administrative,Admin Clerical ,Coordination,Budgeting/Forecasting|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
Reporting to the RIIALS Project Coordinator, the Project Assistant will support RIIALS work within Afghanistan’s legal and social environment. S/he will actively and regularly engage with projects and core team members, government and non-governmental partners, and other stakeholders to collaboratively carry out his/her responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of functions:
· Support financial and administrative requests
· Coordinate with IDLO’s teams and partners
· Support implementation of project deliverables
Key results expected:
Support financial and administrative requests
· Assist with budget forecasting, NAV reports, and other financial documents as needed.
· Submit purchase and payments requests for program expenses.
· Process financial and administrative requests for project-related activities in coordination with finance and procurement units. This will include preparing budgets, budget requests, payment requests and other documentation in line with finance and procurement rules.
· Provide information needed for procurement on purchases for the project needs.
· Support the management of logistics for project events, special events and meetings, including site and refreshment selection, participant coordination, travel arrangements, meeting materials, and training certificates.
Support coordination with IDLO’s teams and partners
· Support the Project Coordinator to coordinate information exchange between the core services teams and project team to ensure timely completion of project activities.
· Support development of work plans and budget allocation for RIIALS activities in coordination with the core services teams.
Support implementation of project deliverables
· Assist in managing the filing system for project related activities.
· Prepare agendas and meeting notes, as needed.
· Contribute to the development of program materials; conduct program related research; help identify suitable experts and facilitate all program activities as needed.
· Assist in identifying shortfalls and bottlenecks in the implementation of planned activities.
· Support all project related activities as needed, with reporting, data collection and any other related tasks.
Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
· Experience in providing budgetary and logistical support.
· Experience in coordinating project activities across teams.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of IT software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.