|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 12, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is all about. Established on 1 January 2011, it brings together under one roof the long-standing expertise of the Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst (DED) gGmbH (German Development Service), the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH (German Technical Cooperation) and Inwent â€“ Capacity Building International, Germany. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting GIZ RoL project by helping to develop monitoring and expand GTZ Rule of Law Community Policing Project and Hoquq training activities in the districts of Takhar and Badakhshan Pronvinces. The project assistant is working and will be responsible for spending most of his time in the field for the proper monitoring and reporting of the activities being done in the districts and community level, by the Local NGOs and afghan partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. In close cooperation with GIZ RoL Advisors, Programme Officers, and designated implementing NGOs, the Project Assistant will assist in the expansion and oversight of GIZ RoL Community Policing Project and Hoquq trainings mainly in Badakhshan and Takahr Provinces and if required he/she will help at other provinces as well.
2. Maintain close contact with implementing NGOs and ensure to provide oversight and guidance to assure that all proposals, budgets and work plans are executed in a timely fashion and that outputs are accomplished as agreed upon. Ensure that implementing NGOs provides project reports, success stories and media information as agreed upon.
3. Help in assuring that project activities lead to demonstrable increase in trust building and sustainable cooperation between designated actors in communities.
4. Represent GIZ Rule of Law project at district level; and incase communication with district governors, head of polices, Hoquq Managers, judges and prosecutors as well as community councils (i.e. Shuras).
5. In close coordination with other GIZ Rule of Law project staff, ensure close cooperation and information gathering between implementing NGOs and external monitoring and evaluation representatives.
6. Provide the project with reports, success stories, and regular update.
7. Undertake any other relevant task being delegated by Project Advisor and Program Officers.
Law or any other relevant degree from university
Having experience working on legal issues with rural communities would be an asset.
Should be willing to travel to the districts of Takhar and Badakhshan provinces.
Should speak English.