|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Coordination and supervision of the project’s interventions; ensure smooth implementation in the respective province women’s economic empowerment, livelihoods and civic engagement activities; provide guiding and support to field staff
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coordinate and supervise project activities in the respective province, ensuring smooth project implementation according to the project work plan and achieving planned results.
· Provide livelihoods and reintegration development support and assistance to Project Manager and the provincial team to ensure implementation according to technical standards.
· Coordinate the project activities with all relevant stakeholders, especially with Departments of: Refugee and Repatriation (MoRR), Education (MoE), Labor and Social Affairs (DOLSAM), Women’s Affairs, Community Development Councils, Local Governance, etc.
Management and supervision
· Advise and assist the Project Manager in planning, implementing and further developing the project components to ensure that they are technically sound, cost-effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries’ needs.
· Keep the Project Manager and relevant staff informed of any significant changes / opportunities in the local environment, problems and quality of the work.
· Develop quarterly and monthly work plans and budget planning in all the project components with support and guidance from the Project Manager and in close cooperation with the Project Coordinator from the other province.
· Prepare quarterly and monthly procurement plans and provide technical assistance to the Operations Team in procurement processes and quality control of the project materials.
· Coordinate all project activities with relevant stakeholders, including project participants, their household members, host communities, Community Development Council representatives, religious leaders, governmental departments, NGOs and other national and international institutions and make sure the implementation is in compliance with the national, organisational and donor’s regulations and policies.
· Actively participate in sectorial meetings of government departments and meetings of other relevant stakeholders in consultation with the Project Manager.
· Assist the Project Manager in responding to enquiries of a technical nature from field staff, the government, donors and other stakeholders.
· Translation of documents from and to Pashto, English.
· Participate in the recruitment and technical appraisal of all relevant field staff.
· Continually assess the quality of work and technical competence of all relevant field staff and ensure that capacity building needs are met through training, on-the-job coaching or other methods, as appropriate.
· Regular visits to all project sites to assess the performance of staff and quality of project implementation, and provide information, encouragement and technical support as required.
· Develop capacity building plans and conduct trainings for field staff if necessary.
· Provide logistical and technical support to external consultants and visitors monitoring the project.
· Facilitate and actively participate in experience sharing workshops and staff meetings at the provincial and national level.
· Ensure the establishment of linkages between project participants and the market, MFIs, market players, suppliers and service providers.
· Promote a savings and entrepreneurial culture to increase incomes at the household and at community levels.
· Work with the project team to identify and establish markets for micro and small scale enterprise products produced by the project participants.
· Monitor all production support activities and make recommendations for modification, improvements or the introduction of new activities.
· Co-organize exhibitions of the produced products at the district, provincial and national level.
· Organise exposure visits and exchange visits of entrepreneurs.
· Provide support, collect and consolidate monthly reports from the team and submit monthly progress reports to the Project Manager.
· Support the Project Manager and the M&E Officer in preparing quarterly and annual project reports.
· Work closely with the M&E Officer and the team to document and share case studies, success stories and field visit reports as and when required.
· Assist the project M&E Officer in monitoring the project activities.
· Carry out joint monitoring of technical aspects of the project with the representatives of different stakeholder groups and ensure field visits can happen on a regular basis.
· Perform any other duties as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Logar
University degree in rural development, enterprise development, marketing, agriculture or a similar field relevant to the project. Master’s Degree is desirable.
3 - 4 years of experience in a similar capacity in livelihoods and re-integration. Experience in women’s empowerment programs.
Professional Skills and Competencies
· Ability to provide technical supervision and motivate the project staff, proven skills in mentoring, coaching and facilitating learning and development of staff and peers.
· Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women.
· Strong understanding of the local context and Islamic perspective on women’s rights.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities.
· Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Pashto and English, Dari desirable.
· Good knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office including spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and word processing.
· Knowledge of the language of ethnic minorities in relevant province.
Values and attitude
· A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, the role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
· Competent to take initiative, work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines
· Committed and honest in his/her work.
· Detail oriented person.
· Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask.
· Sense of humour.