|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Coordination and supervision of the project’s interventions; ensuring smooth implementation in the respective province to support the Project Manager and all relevant field staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To coordinate and supervise project activities in the respective province, ensuring smooth project implementation according to the project work plan and achieving planned results.
· Providing required support and assistance to Project Manager and the provincial team to ensure implementation according to technical standards
· Coordination of the project activities with all relevant stakeholders, especially Community Development Councils, and government relevant departments.
Management and supervision
· Advise and assist the Project Manager in planning, implementing and further developing the project components to ensure that they are technically sound, cost-effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries’ needs.
· Keep the Project Manager and relevant staff informed of any significant changes / opportunities in the local environment, problems and quality of the work.
· Develop quarterly and monthly work plans and budget planning in all the project components with support and guidance from the Project Manager and in close cooperation with the Project Coordinator from the other province.
· Prepare quarterly and monthly procurement plans and provide technical assistance to the Operations team in procurement processes and quality control of the project materials.
· Coordinate all project activities with relevant stakeholders, including project participants, their household members, and communities outside of the project, Community Development Council representatives, religious leaders, governmental departments, NGOs and other national and international institutions and make sure the implementation is in compliance with the national, organisational and donor’s regulations and policies.
· Actively participate in sectorial meetings of government departments and meetings of other relevant stakeholders in consultation with the Project Manager.
· Assist the Project Manager in responding to enquiries of a technical nature from field staff, the government, donors and other stakeholders.
· Translation of documents from and to Dari.
· Participate in the recruitment and technical appraisal of all relevant staff.
· Continually assess the quality of work and technical competence of all relevant field staff and ensure that capacity building needs are met through training, on-the-job coaching or other methods, as appropriate.
· Regular visits to all project sites to assess the performance of staff and quality of project implementation, and provide information, encouragement and technical support as required.
· Develop capacity building plans and conduct trainings for field staff if necessary.
· Provide logistical and technical support to external consultants and visitors monitoring the project.
· Facilitate and actively participate in experience sharing workshops and staff meetings at the provincial and national level.
· Provide support, collect and consolidate monthly reports from the team and submit monthly progress reports to the Project Manager.
· Support the Project Manager and the M&E Officer in preparing quarterly and annual project reports.
· Work closely with the M&E Officer and the team to document and share case studies, success stories and field visit reports as and when required.
· Assist the project M&E Officer in monitoring the project activities.
· Carry out joint monitoring of technical aspects of the project with the representatives of different stakeholder groups and ensure field visits can happen on a regular basis.
Perform any other duties as required.
Key Skills, Experience and Competencies
University degree in rural development, Social science, agriculture or a similar field relevant to the project
4-5 years of experience in a similar capacity
Experience in women’s empowerment programmes
Professional Skills and Competencies
· Ability to provide technical supervision and motivate the project staff, praven skills in mentoring, coaching and facilitating learning and development of staff and peers.
· Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women.
· Strong understanding of the local context and Islamic perspective on women’s rights.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities.
· Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Dari and English.
Good knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office including spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and word processing
Knowledge of the language of ethnic minorities in relevant province
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
· A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, the role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
· Competent to take initiative, work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines
· Committed and honest in his/her work
· Detail oriented person
· Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask Sense of humour
Key Skills and Competencies
· Highly developed reporting, budget monitoring, and management skills.
· Excellent knowledge of community development and social mobilisation.
· Proven management ability and strong interpersonal skills – team player.
· Problem solving and leadership skills.
· Proficiency in the most common computer software including word processing, and excel spreadsheets.
· Ability to deal with difficult, often frustrating work situations.
· A willingness to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly dangerous locations.
· Gender sensitivity.
· Sensitivity to the Islamic culture.
· Commitment to support/develop the capacity of the national staff and of rural communities.
· Personal integrity and a sense of humour.
· Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses.
· Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload.
· Knowledge of exit strategies and sustainability issues.
(To be added by Hiring Manager, a template is highlighted below)
· Experience or familiarity with WFP and UN funded projects.
· Previous work experience in Afghanistan and/or other conflict area(s).
Job Location:Afghanistan, Samangan, Ghor
Please email a covering letter and your CV, by no later than Tuesday 28th June 2022 to email@example.com, including your name and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above) will not be considered.