|Date Posted:||Jul 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Economic Growth,Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
-The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the International Development Agency (IDA) for the Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII). The said project aims to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of graduates from Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) schools and institutes through improvements in the skills delivery system. The said project consists of four main components, strengthening of the TVET institutional system, Improving performance of TVET Schools and Institutes, Improving Teacher Competencies, and Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and Public Awareness.
The project is implemented by a Skills Unit under the Technical and Vocational Education and Training-Authority with qualified personnel for running the project’s activities, including administration & HR, procurement, ICT, finance, engineering, M&E, and MIS Departments that provide coordination of the project implementation, reporting status of project implementation, and synchronizing office procedures. Currently the Skills Unit is implementing the ongoing Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP) with a full complement of skilled personnel
The Skills Unit for ASDP II will be headed by a Project Director and therefore, ASDP has decided to hire the services of a Project Director through an open, merit-based selection process in order to provide efficient and high quality analytical, operational and technical support to the TVET-A and in the interests of continuity of processes.
Seeking for a Project Director for ASDPII/TVET Autority/World Bank funded Project
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proven leading and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-agency environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising the quality, team spirit and constructive working relationships with all colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dari, Pashto, English, and the ability to prepare and synthesize lengthy and complex documents,
- Ability to actively seek and improve services, offer new and different options/initiatives to solve problems/meet client needs, promote and persuade others to consider new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate and train Govt. staff; and commitment to perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Head of TVETA or a Deputy Minister in TVETA;
- Time flexibility, the Project Director may be required to work overtime or weekends due to needs of the high authority and TVETA;
- Experience and ability in utilizing formal project management tools, and relevant software applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project;
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate the planning and implementation of the ASDP project;
- Check and monitor all relevant documents and correspondence of the ASDP project;
- Monitor project deliverable against objectives;
- Prepare procurement plan together with procurement team;
- Prepare budget for the project;
- Lead on building and implementing relevant concepts and approaches as part of the overall mandate, objectives and implementation of the ASDP Project
- Liaise with governmental departments at the operational level to ensure smooth implementation of project activities;
- Liaise and coordinate with donors for the implementation of the project;
- In accordance to the coordination schedule, he/she will actively participate in relevant meetings for the implementation of the ASDPII project;
- Ensure effective coordination of activities between ASDP components and relevant departments of the TVET-A;
- Promote TVET institutes and TVET-A capacities;
- Manage the fiduciary activities within the project and ensure that, the budget is strictly adhered to financial procedures of TVETA and the World Bank are respected and all supporting documentations are sent to the related sources per required schedule;
- Design and develop specific an annual work plan (AWP) for the ASDPII project;
- To oversee all aspects of the project management, include recruitment, monitoring, engineering, ICT, MIS, procurement and financial activities of the project;
- Supervise the ASDP II staff in the performance of their respective duties and ensure the efficient functioning of the project and ensure that clear working arrangements are established for collaborating with the TVET-A on all management, financial, accounting and procurement matters.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Head of TVET-A;
- To be responsible and act as fiduciary manager for all operation activities, including human resource management, financial management, procurement, information system, information technology and designing and construction of the ASDP project;
- Close coordination with donors to achieve the objectives’ of the ASDP II project;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Doctorate degree in business administration, economics, public administration, , education or other relevant fields, with at least 3 years of demonstrated program management experience at managerial and policy level, of which 2 years would be preferred to be relevant to WB projects; Or Master degree with 5 years of relevant experience and 3 years would be preferred for project management to any other donor-funded projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in above mentioned fields with 10 years working experience in similar capacity.