|Date Posted:||May 7, 2019|
|Reference:||MAIL- NVDA -094|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
NVDA (Nangarhar Valley Development Authority) is an irrigation project, which is one component of the Water Resources Development Investment Program (WRDIP) funded by Asian Development Bank, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure.
The NVDA is an irrigation system that was built with assistance of the former Soviet Union. It has mix of about 22,000 hectares of private and publicly managed irrigated land plus a range of agriculture related facilities based on the former Soviet collective farm model. To implement this component, MAIL will establish a dedicated Project Management Office (PMO) in Jalalabad to prepare, tender and supervise civil works; strengthen and reform management of the NVDA; and oversee capacity development
Project Engineer will be responsible to
The Project Engineer will have responsibility to guide and ensure the quality of civil work of irrigation infrastructure according to the engineering standards and local conditions at NVDA Project site. The Project Management Consultants will provide technical support and assistance during the start-up of operations of the MAIL’s PMO.
He/she will be also responsible to report directly to CPMO Senior Design Engineer/NVDA-Project Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare guidelines for surveyor’s activities in gathering field data required in the design of canal, and water control structures.
2. Check survey drawings submitted by surveyors and ensure these accurately reflect site conditions;
3. Investigate proposed locations of structures (turnout, flow measurement weirs, etc.) and prepare initial designs in coordination with senior water resources engineer or project director.
4. Prepare and verify structure layout and ensure it fits field conditions;
5. Collect samples for quality control tests.
6. Prepare material for reports.
7. Prepare structural analyses of completed facilities,
8. Prepare sketches and draft drawings using Eagle Point and AutoCAD software.
9. Prepare all design calculations beside reports of structures,
10. Prepare facilities specifications and design criteria,
11. Document all designs for future repairing and maintenance work.
12. Assist the Consultants as directed by the Project Director;
13. Certify civil works progress of the contractors for payment process to PD.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
The candidate must have a Degree in Civil engineering /Water Resources Engineering /Agricultural Engineering with focus on construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure (lining of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structure, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc.) with 5 years relevant experiences
Preference would be given to candidates with Master in relevant field or to the candidates having extensive experience in similar regions. Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements.
Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on sits..
Good CAD, and Eagle Point skills are extremely helpful.
Knowledge of irrigation and construction industry in Afghanistan.
Reasonable capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy.