|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Water Resources Development Project:
The Finance and Administration Officer will have responsibility of assuring the performance of the Finance and Administration Department. He/She will report to the PMO Director and coordinate work-plans with the Finance Department of Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and the Project Officer at the Ministry of Finance (MOF). The Project Management Office Consultants will provide technical support and assistance during the initial period of operations of the MEW PMO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ As Head of Finance and Administration, the candidate will be responsible for assuring that the Project Financial Management and Administration are effectively implemented.
â€¢ Demonstrated enthusiasm in working for the projectâ€™s purpose and vision;
â€¢ Results oriented and highly motivated;
â€¢ Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches;
â€¢ Undertake project-related tasks as mandated in the loan/ grant agreement and as required by the Implementing Agency (IA);
â€¢ Prepare reports as required by the Project and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
â€¢ Coordinate with the Project Management Consultants in the development of programs for on-the-job transfer of knowledge to the Finance and Administration staff of the PMO, which serves as counterpart staff during implementation.
1. In coordination with the Finance Department of MEW, provide project administrative and financial management support as required by the PMO.
2. Work with the Consultants in processing payment applications of all contracts tendered for the Water Resources Development Investment Program (WRDIP).
3. Work with the Project Management Consultantâ€™s in establishing separate accounts for the Project under a comprehensive computerized financial management system adequate to allow ready identification of the goods and services and other items of expenditure financed out of the ADB grant proceeds and to fully disclose the use of funds from various sources for Project purposes;
4. Maintain separate accounts established in (4) above in accordance with sound accounting principles acceptable to both the Ministry of Finance and ADB;
5. Prepare annual audit in accordance with appropriate auditing standards, consistently applied by independent auditors whose qualifications, experience and terms of reference are acceptable to both ADB and the Ministry of Finance;
6. Set up and operate the first generation imprest account for ADB loan funds at an acceptable commercial bank in Kabul and assist the PIOs in setting up and operating the second generation imprest accounts in commercial banks acceptable to both ADB and the Ministry of Finance in Mazar Sharif and Taloqan in full accordance with the procedures detailed in ADBâ€™s Disbursement Handbook;
7. Assist in development and set-up of an appropriate MIS system for the implementation of the whole of MEWâ€™s tranche 1 components as well as subsequent works to be financed under ensuing tranches of the proposed MFF; and
8. Undergo on-the-job and formal training including use of the accounting system and all other tools put in place to prepare MEW staff to take over the financial management of the project as provided by the Project Management Consultants.
9. Assist the Consultants as directed by the Project Director.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
The candidate must have a Degree in Finance, Engineering Management and/ or Accounting. More than five years of experience in project financial management. Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements. Preference would be given to candidates with experience in Procurement and Contract Preparation.
â€¢ Strong financial analysis and reporting.
â€¢ Knowledge of construction industry in Afghanistan.
â€¢ Reasonable capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy.