|Date Posted:||May 2, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 15, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Good Performers' Initiative (GPI):
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with provincial authorities, donors and other implementing entities and stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of approved GPI project.
- Where mandated, directly implement projects including undertaking all procurement, financial, project management and reporting responsibilities.
- Advice and train project staff on GPI rules and procedures and project management
- Ensure project budgets and work plans are regularly reviewed and revised and where necessary and updated in accordance with GPI rules.
- Ensure GPI and other entities with GPI funded projects follow the GoA rules for procurement activity and use merit based recruitment procedures
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly reports on project implementation progress are of good quality, comprehensive and submitted in a timely manner
- Monitor and verify project implementation as required, including site visits and field missions and regularly report on project activities.
- Process change requests from projects that affect scope, schedule and budget.
- Providing hands on support, guidance and advice on complete project cycle activities.
- Liaise with finance, HR, and procurement focal points where additional technical support is required.
- Regularly report to GPI management on the progress of project portfolio and contribute to weekly reports, monthly progress reports, financial management reports, project expenditure forecasts, preparation of GPI briefings, quarterly reports and all communication activity such as press releases, and preparation of website content.
- Provide guidance and input to GPI project development specialist and line ministries and other entities preparing GPI projects by disseminating â€˜lessons learnedâ€™ through implementation of GPI projects.
At least BA degree in Public Administration, Project Management or relevant fields.
- At least 2 â€“ 3 years experience in Project Reporting activities for government or non government organizations.
- Excellent English, Dari and Pashto language skills.
- Good knowledge of computers
- Good knowledge of drafting routine correspondence
- Strong communication skills