|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 29, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science ,Business Administration ,Monitoring and Evaluation,Financial Management|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Energy & Water:
In according with the Decree 4 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1389. The Ministry of the Energy and Water (MEW) has been established from two existing ministries: Ministries of Energy, Water Resources and Environment.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priority for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the energy sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major power sector projects, funded by the National and Planning under the general oversight of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW).
Given the technical complexity of the Energy and Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the MEW assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce MEW in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for energy and water development.
Project management specialist is responsible for keeping projects on schedule and on budget. And also must provide detailed cost analysis and timetable reports in order to facilitate this task.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- • Prepare project concepts, proposals and process up to the execution;
- • Prepare project financial and procurement documents;
- • Conduct assessments and analysis of the ongoing projects and produce report;
- • Support the M& E team in organizing database and monitoring tools;
- • Assist the project procurement and contract teams in evaluation of bids;
- • Prepare detailed projects tracking system and observe project progress on regular basis against the work plan and measure the attainment of project deliverables
- The project management specialist must collect updates from all staff assigned to various projects and analyze these updates to identify potential problems that may keep projects from being completed on time and within budget.
- A project management specialist must continuously monitor the status of projects and the performance of the team assigned to the project.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor degree in the field of Business Administration, Economic, Management, Law & Political Science and or Commerce;
- Minimum five (4) years’ experience with Master’s degree and (5) years’ experience with Bachelor degree in the fields of Project Management, Finance, Procurment and M&E with government, NGOs and UN agencies. Government and or Global fund project experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Able to work under pressure and independently.
- Strong team work skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to take initiatives, build consensus and make things happen.