|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 20 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About GreenTech Dunia Consulting:
GreenTech Dunia (GTD) is a registered project management Consulting Company (MoCI license No.: D- 78011) established in 2015. We stand for environmental sustainability and innovation embedded in a global mindset. GTD’s team consists of experienced experts from various professional fields, who have successfully completed projects in Afghanistan, Germany, Pakistan, UAE, and Iran. GTD's team is committed to delivering value-based and innovative solutions to its clients by applying a management approach that considers not only the science but also the art of project management. GTD pursues a team-work approach by closely cooperating with all involved stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of a project. GTD maintains an expert database with up to 3,000 national and 500 international experts. GTD has local and international cooperation partners in various sectors; thus sustaining the global mindset of the company. GTD's goal is to contribute to the improvement of people's living standards through the employment of a holistic approach. This approach takes into account social and economic factors alike; consequently allows us to develop appropriate technologies for the sustainable development of emerging economies. GTD is developing and managing projects in the field of renewable energy, water, agriculture, and environment. GTD’s commitment to the cause is further strengthened by the fact that it dedicates 5 % of its annual profit to other research and development projects in Afghanistan.
The specialist will lead the consultant team and assist MEW CPMO to conduct overall project management as well. The specialist will represent the consultant team and be a focal person in communication and coordination with MEW CPMO and ADB. The specialist will control day-to-day operation of the project and report to MEW CPMO, present to MEW CPMO the technical and financial progress and issues, and will be overall responsible, in close coordination with the Team Leader, to provide leadership to project on overall EPCS team activities as described in Terms of References.
Provinces to travel:
Excellent managerial, technical and communication skills, with sufficient knowledge of energy and water sector projects in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- (i) Be responsible of the overall dam safety of the project;
- (ii) Review previous project reports and drawings including concept design and
- optimization, feasibility, hydrology, hydraulics, bathymetric, topographic, geological & geotechnical and other related studies/surveys on Dahla dam raise prepared under ADB TRTA and USACE, and identify areas of further investigations if necessary;
- (iii) Review and update project design, procurement and construction schedule in consultation with MEW/ADB. EPCS will highlight and advise on any possible delays in all critical activities to MEW well in advance to ensure smooth operation of the project;
- (iv) Review and get familiar with Afghanistan Dam Safety Guidelines (2018) prepared by MEW for dam design compliance. The detailed design and activities should be consistent with these and International ICOLD, ANCOLD and/or other guidelines;
- (v) Review and approve detailed design, tender and construction drawings to ensure technical compliance and compatibility with specifications and other requirements;
- (vi) Prepare the final plans and specifications for design adequacy, construction, scheduling
- as well as the construction supervision plan;
- (vii) Supervision, inspection and monitoring of the civil, mechanical and electrical works of
- the project to ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the agreed schedules, design and specifications, and that the quality is consistent with the required technical standards, systems and procedures;
During construction phase, the international team leader/specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- (i) Review of supplies equipment design and perform shop and/or witness tests/pre- delivery and on-site inspections and acceptance of the equipment as appropriate;
- (ii) Review and approve erection and construction drawings to ensure technical compliance
- and compatibility with specifications and other requirements;
- (iii) Review and approve factory testing procedures and factory test results submitted by the
- (iv) Witness and report Quality Control testing of materials, plants etc., and issue
- corresponding certificates ensuring the testing is consistent with project requirements. Should a quality concern is raised, in consultation with MEW procure additional services and validate through third party testing;
- (v) Certify volume of works completed and/or as installed based on actual;
- (vi) Certify the payments to the contractors, after checking and verifying the contractor’s
- measurement; and
- (vii) Assist implementing agencies in implementation of the EMP.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kandahar
At lease BSc in engineering or project management (focus on engineering), with at sufficient experience in project management of large scale infrastructure projects in fragile environment.
Please submit your CV to : email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the HR team. Please avoid phone contact during evaluation period.