|Date Posted:||May 19, 2020|
|Reference:||MoT/NRA/SRTAP/99 - 019|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 4.5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MoT) Sustainable Reform & Technical Assistance Project (SRTAP):
The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MoT the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Transport.
As a Project Management Technical Assistant, he/she will be responsible for the /head of department, office document controls, reviewing the technical documents, preparing the technical reports and short proposals, and keep good and smooth communication and coordination with relevant stakeholders. His/her management role is to ensure that deliverables are produced with quality and on time by monitoring progress and providing advice and support. He must be proficient in the identification, analyses, and resolution of problems and effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of project activities.
· Good computer skills in operating MS Windows and MS Office programs.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with high levels staff and functions within the organization.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
· Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties.
· Good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal is essential. Fluent in Dari and Pashto.
· Working knowledge of Civil Engineering Software’s
· Highly motivated individual, who demonstrates self-initiative and is able to work under pressure.
· Motivation/Self Reliance
· Team Work Ability
· Familiar with Engineering software, having working knowledge in AutoCAD is must;
· Must have technical knowledge in relevant field;
· Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
· Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
· Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
· Copy of verified last Posting Contract
· Certificate’s and Appreciation Letter’s
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in controlling and maintaining of technical documents and weekly meeting.
· Preparing technical reports and developing short proposals (both in local and English languages).
· Schedule weekly meeting with contractor /consultant and MoT management, keep the archive.
· Arranging organizing all technical documents and design comments
· Managing all correspondence, filing, emailing and incoming-outgoing calls and assist the engineering tasks related to design review team.
· Provide technical assistance in collecting and interpreting of technical data and office administrative tasks.
· Maintain sustainable coordination and communication with all relevant stakeholders in to prevent time waste to insure the quality of daily activities.
· Follow up management meetings, Keep Minuets of Meeting for and from management
· Review and carry design packages (scope of works, technical reports, BOQ, invoices, MOUS, List of staff and machineries)
· Coordinate with the Contract Management Section.
· Monitor the implementation of the works.
· Regular submission and updating of all designs documents, Reports and other related documents to the projects.
· Keep updating the senior staff on project documents and work schedule.
· Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Technical Section.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with 4 years relevant experience.
· 4 years of relevant experience with governmental organizations, Ministries, Independent Directorates, UN Offices or International NGOs.