|Date Posted:||Oct 13, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 18, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Abdul Khabir Construction Company (AKCC):
Abdul Khabir Construction Company (A.K.C.C) is an Afghan owned company which is founded and officially registered with AISA (Afghan Investment Support Agency), since 2005 offers professional services in the fields of planning, design, engineering and construction management of various design-built projects services to its clients and customers.
â€¢ The Project Manager will manage construction initiatives on building sections to be built. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and supervising working crews in the field, overseeing building construction of the project. The incumbent will work closely with the Construction Manager, to ensure that all aspects of the project are following proposed timelines and are implemented according to client and AKCC. standards. Closely work with Construction Manager to insure proper project implementation and to address and resolve any major issue, including logistics and security issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project /Practice Management:
1. Executes project work plans (Schedules) and revises in cooperation with the Construction Manager as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
2. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
3. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project.
4. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to Construction Manager.
5. Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
6. Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
7. Ensures project documents are complete, current, sent electronically, and stored appropriately.
8. Project Accounting.
9. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
10. Manages project budget.
11. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, reviews sub-contractor invoicing to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
â€¢ B.Sc in Civil Engineering.
â€¢ More than 10 years experience in the Building Construction as project Manager.
â€¢ Minimum 5 years of work experience as Project Manager with US Army Corps of Engineers
â€¢ Able to Communicate and Comprehend in English and local languages.
â€¢ Able to Operate Computer Systems, and should be able to use MS Project primavera for Scheduling.
â€¢ Able to give Technical instructions.
â€¢ Ensure adequate documentation and filling system.