|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Pajhwok Afghan News:
Pajhwok Afghan News (www.pajhwok.com) is the leading independent news agency registered with the Ministry of Information and Culture of Afghanistan. Pajhwok has a network of reporters nationwide larger than any other news agency in the country. Pajhwok provides comprehensive, reliable, timely and bias-free news about Afghanistan from an Afghan perspective. It distributes and publishes online daily reports and photographs as a service to newspapers, radios, and television news channels as well as individual and institutional subscribers. In the Seven years of its existence, Pajhwok has become Afghanistan most credible news and feature service-provider to national and international media outlets on a national and international level.
Exercise overall responsibility for Pajhwok's AMDEP activities.
-Liaise between all departments and project staff and serve as main point of contact on AMDEP activities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include are:
Ensure all project activities are completed and deadlines are met
- Prepare project plan in monthly, weekly and task formats, including modification of existing plans to handle changing circumstances, using Fast Track project management system.
- Oversee hiring of new staff and coordination of HR activities (e.g. orientation, HR policies) for new staff with HR manager.
- Define details of work responsibilities for project staff and provide guidance and detailed instructions on how to carry out tasks, where appropriate.
- Coordinate with Pajhwok Training Manager to arrange required training for AMDEP project resources.
- Ensure project expenditures are within budget.
- Coordinate with Operations department to ensure that procurement policies are followed (e.g. requests for proposals published, proper number of bids solicited, vendors paid on time, purchasing documentation maintained) for all purchasing activities related to AMDEP project.
- Prepare and submit scheduled narrative reports on project to funder on deadline.
- Coordinate with finance manager to ensure that financial reports required by funder and Pajhwok management are completed and submitted on schedule.
- When required, give verbal / in-person updates on project to funder representatives
- Attend all required project meetings, including with project coordinator, lead technical advisor and other stakeholders.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Project management /Master degree is desirable.
Minimum 2 years experience in the relevant field at national and international organizations
Strong proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari is required
Able to work late hours when required
Capable of handling pressure and prioritizing activities to meet the deadlines
Having team work spirit.
Strong Communication and Leadership skill