|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Pajhwok Afghan News:
Pajhwok Afghan News (www.pajhwok.com) is the leading independent news agency registered with the Ministry of Information and Culture of Afghanistan. Pajhwok has a network of reporters nationwide larger than any other news agency in the country. Pajhwok provides comprehensive, reliable, timely and bias-free news about Afghanistan from an Afghan perspective. It distributes and publishes online daily reports and photographs as a service to newspapers, radios, and television news channels as well as individual and institutional subscribers. In the Seven years of its existence, Pajhwok has become Afghanistan most credible news and feature service-provider to national and international media outlets on a national and international level.
Project Manager is responsible for Overall AMDEP activities of PAN.
General oversight in executing all aspects of AMDEP project
Ensure project activities are fulfilled and deadlines are met
Duties & Responsibilities:
Prepare narrative reports on project to funder
Ensure project expenditures are within budget
Work with finance officer on financial reporting
Give verbal / in-person updates on project to funder
Communicate regularly with project coordinator, lead technical advisor and Small World News
Liaise between all departments and project staff
Prepare project plan in monthly, weekly and task formats
Define details of work responsibilities for project staff
Give instructions on how to carry out tasks
Oversee hiring of new staff
Oversee HR activities regarding new staff (evaluations, policies)
Qualification required for this position are as follow:
- Highly educated Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field
- (Master Degree is an asset).
- The candidate must have at least 2 years experience of working as Project Manager with NGOs and INGOs.
- The position requires good communications skills and capacity to provide training to project staff as required.
- Experience managing project controls including design document control, schedule management, cost reporting, safety and quality control.
- The candidate should be computer literate, fluent in English and have good report writing skills.
- Fluency in English and language of the duty station.
- Satisfactory IT skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.