|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of the Project Manager position is to implement Resolution Support (RS) program in the Office of National Security Council, provide support, and consolidate program’s activities with line departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Draft and develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly working plan in conformation with the strategic plan of the organization and to achieve the RS program’s goals and objectives.
2. Develop recruitment plan that would accommodate the recruitment of the new vacancies supported by RS for the second and third phases and exit strategy of the positions from phase one of the program.
3. Review the current status of the documents and related documents for the purpose of generating the logic model of the program within ONSC.
4. Review the employment contracts of the current employed staff supported by RS, develop a new contract format, and extend the employment contracts of the employees to the next phase of the program.
5. Develop a strategy to maintain smooth exit of the selected positions from the program, transaction of the remaining positions through the program phases, and transaction of all the recruitments to the ONSC structure given the actual program timeframe.
6. Develop terms of references for the positions that are subject to be newly announced, commence recruitment procedure, and recruit selected candidates in conformation to the standardized legal documents.
7. Evaluate the progress of the activities based on the mandate of the organization and ensure achievement of the expected results and deliverables.
8. Coordinate program activities with line departments particularly with directorate general of admin and finance to consolidate program budget allocation, budget implementation, and provide just in time financial support to the program.
9. Work closely with the recruited employees subjecting to the development of working plans based on the organizational mandate, development of working reports expressing expected results and deliverables, and provide consultation in regards to the proper implementation of the program.
10. Design and develop programs within and outside of the country for the purpose of capacity building of the employees to deliver quality services in consideration of the strategic mandate of the organization.
11. Develop and provide working reports related to the program activities as well as program budget implementation to the management.
12. Ensure sound management, recruitment, encouragement, capacity building, and human capital development for the purpose of delivering quality services.
13. Conduct any other task as assigned by the management in conformation with the laws, regulations, and goals and objectives of the organization.
The Project Manager would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have a relevant bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in project management or human resources and or, in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.